Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Re-wire

Options
  • 12-01-2017 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

What is the average price for basic rewiring of a small 3 bed terraced house? How long does it take and would we have to move out? I am unsure if it will bring much value to the house when selling it in circa 5 years time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭budhabob

Langemarck wrote: »
    What is the average price for basic rewiring of a small 3 bed terraced house? How long does it take and would we have to move out? I am unsure if it will bring much value to the house when selling it in circa 5 years time.

Alot depends on the amount of points (new) etc needed. You're prob looking at c.€5k. We had it done a year ago for a 3 bed terraced house with an extension, we went with c.4 double sockets per room, and way more in the kitchen. We also went fully to regs, lowering all light switches, raising all (few) existing power sockets, hardwired smoke detectors in each room etc. You will 100% have to move out, I have never seen dust like it!!! And it will likely take a week or so.

In relation to value to the house, bit of crystal gazing really. What will the market be like then. I know alot of people wouldnt take on a house needing works like rewiring etc as its a big undertaking. We were happy to as it meant it brought the house purchase within our purchase limits.

Advertisement