Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for Gloves

Options
  • 12-01-2017 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭

Im training in Taekwon-do and had to bin my last pair of gloves as they literally fell to pieces.

It's ITF taekwondo so hands are used but it's not total boxing either, some bag work and the usual sparring and pad work. I'd love to find a tight fitting pair of 10oz gloves for around €40 at a push €50.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭cletus

How hard are you hitting your training partners. I wouldn't be too happy sparring a fella wearing 10oz gloves.

Either way, I've used adidas boxing gloves, they've been good, but hayabusa, cleto reyes and fairtex would all be good brands

*edit* also, if you're doing pad work and bag work, I'd recommend a pair for sparring, and a pair for the bag

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Blackthorn Fight School

Yeah if your going hard on a bag I would recommend getting some 16oz or similar

My own personal preference is usually thai made gloves top king, fairtex and sandee they are more expensive but are worth it and hold up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭RoboRat

I have 2 pairs of RDX gloves (12oz and 16oz) and I think they are great and they are also priced very reasonably (even more so with the low sterling rate).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

I'm looking at carbon claw cx7 but they are€75..... ouch.

Are they for bag, sparring or both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

RoboRat wrote: »
    I have 2 pairs of RDX gloves (12oz and 16oz) and I think they are great and they are also priced very reasonably (even more so with the low sterling rate).

I've both Adidas and RDX.. Te Adidas are a really nice glove, so too is the RDX and cheaper via Ebay. If cost was a factor I'd go with RDX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

I've decided on the carbon claw CX 7

Advertisement