Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Piano Buying Advice

Options
  • 12-01-2017 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭

I'd appreciate some info. I play other instruments but this is my first time buying a piano.

In terms of what I'm looking for
    - fully weighted keys (a must)
    - an upright one that is a decent piece of furniture, rather than a keyboard on an X stand.
    - a digital one with AUX out of whatever type
    - some variety of Rhodes/organ type sounds (they don't have to be amazing) built in
    - a decent basic grand piano sound

It'll never be used for gigs or any kind of serious recording.

I might connect it to a PC or other amps the odd time, but 99% of the time it'll be played as a stand alone thing - so I don't want to have to rely on external sounds or speakers.

The piano sound doesn't have to be ridiculously amazing. Just decent is fine.

I'm definitely thinking second hand to get all of / most of the requirements for the lowest cost possible.

Would welcome advice from anyone with knowledge in the area.

Advertisement