Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S7 Edge screen replacement cost?

Options
  • 12-01-2017 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭

Well my otterbox failed to save my screen from a 1-2 foot fall. I must have been unlucky with the angle! Anyway, any ideas of how much this is going to sting to get it replaced?

J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

It's €230 to get it repaired by Samsung service center (Dundrum SC or Swords Pavilions). Takes 3 working days (think they send it to Sandyford to be repaired). Got mine done 4 months ago, perfect job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Thanks for that, a fair sting but not as bad as I expected. I might wait until the screen gets so bad. It's still very much usable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I can't for the life of me understand why people cover their phones with things like the Otterbox...

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I can't for the life of me understand why people cover their phones with things like the Otterbox...

I succumbed to marketing and peer pressure!

What covers would you recommend?

jon1981 wrote: »
    What covers would you recommend?

None... You bought a device that is marketed on its looks and alleged build quality. It should be fit for purpose, so carry it without a big rubber shell on it. I don't know how much those covers cost, but they obviously didn't work for you... You've paid for the privilege of carrying a bulky, dirty lump of plastic around for probably 6 months and it didn't even perform its most basic function...

• Advertisement

None... You bought a device that is marketed on its looks and alleged build quality. It should be fit for purpose, so carry it without a big rubber shell on it. I don't know how much those covers cost, but they obviously didn't work for you... You've paid for the privilege of carrying a bulky, dirty lump of plastic around for probably 6 months and it didn't even perform its most basic function...

Insightful...thank you

jon1981 wrote: »
    Insightful...thank you

I'm just being honest! I actually don't understand why people buy them...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

While i agree that the clean lines of a nekkid phone are way nicer, most phones these days are literally glass front and back. With our phones being many peoples primary source of entertainment, contact, camera etc accidental drops are bound to happen sometime.
    The otterboxes and other similar cases would lessen the chance of damage.
    The s7 edge is very hard to protect though with its glass edge as well, which obviously cant be covered by the case.
    I think the best compromise would be no case and good mobile phone insurance!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

The glass on my one cracked too and I also have a otterbox, is the 230 just for the outer glass?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

"Fit for purpose" ? Which part of the marketing claimed you could drop in on the ground and it'd be fine?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Rogersal1111

Hi my Samsung s7 edge has miraculously had the screen shatter. I was in driving my car and when I got out and took my phone out of my pocket the screen was shattered at the home button. Any recommendations on what I can do or where I might get it repaired

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Carlosthejakal

Hi my Samsung s7 edge has miraculously had the screen shatter. I was in driving my car and when I got out and took my phone out of my pocket the screen was shattered at the home button. Any recommendations on what I can do or where I might get it repaired

Check the above posts, you can get it repaired at the Samsung store in swords or Dundrum, it is 230 for a screen replacement

what I can do or where I might get it repaired

Go to your local phone shop and replace it with a HTC 10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rogersal1111

Absolute disgrace my last phone the s6 edge shattered 3 months ago and I replaced it with this one and now this happens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Cheers for the tip lads, I rang the Samsung shop in Swords there now and they confirmed it's 230 still for replacement screen etc.

He actually said it's 230 for everything to be fixed. so if you need a screen and a camera and a new battery etc, it's all 230 and will take 3-5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

slinky2000 wrote: »
    Cheers for the tip lads, I rang the Samsung shop in Swords there now and they confirmed it's 230 still for replacement screen etc.

He actually said it's 230 for everything to be fixed. so if you need a screen and a camera and a new battery etc, it's all 230 and will take 3-5 days.

That's actually reasonable for everything!

Truckermal wrote: »
    That's actually reasonable for everything!

That's what I thought. I'm going to get a new battery while it's in for a screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Would they bother testing the battery or just replace it automatically?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

slinky2000 wrote: »

That's good to know. I have an S6 Edge+ with a broken screen and a dent in the frame from the impact. Nice to know it would all get taken care of if/when it goes for repair.

Would they bother testing the battery or just replace it automatically?

No idea, I'll be leaving mine into the shop this weekend, I'll see what they say there again.

Advertisement