Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elephone S3 -120€ Black only 4G 16GB 3GB ram dual sim

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

odddavey wrote: »

I'd that EU shipping

The mtk6753 is dated now

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

^^ That review isn't exactly glowing - dead pixel, micro cracks at the edge of the screen, software bugs, and no long-term support.

It might be cheap enough but I'd say there's better considering the above!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,217 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    ^^ That review isn't exactly glowing - dead pixel, micro cracks at the edge of the screen, software bugs, and no long-term support.

It might be cheap enough but I'd say there's better considering the above!
    Elephone build quality has never been great. You'd get a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 or 4 for similar money (albeit maybe coming from China)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,921 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Check out (impartial) reviews from users first before buying. Elephone's reputation is cheap and not great with app support.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

GBX wrote: »
    Elephone's reputation is cheap and not great with app support.

+1

I still have the Elephone P7000, but it took ages for a stable ROM.
    At one stage their factory shipped Android launcher app started serving gambling and "adult" adverts, had to be rooted to be removed.

Ordered a Xiaomi Redmi for the missus, won't be buying Elephone again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭djan

Could someone recommend an alternative to this phone with similar specs especially the the same fantastic bezelless screen but with a larger battery than the 2100mAh in this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Personally I'd never buy anything again that's produced by Elephone, they simply don't care about their customers, and totally refuse to offer any fix/refund when their products are sold to you with issues.

Also have their P7000 (Pioneer) phone, and the battery dies instantly once it gets to the 40% mark (all 3 batteries, I bought a 2nd one, and Gearbest sent me another).

@ Creeping Death, was that battery issue ever resolved? I only use the phone now for MobDro, and a bit of gaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

djan wrote: »
    Could someone recommend an alternative to this phone with similar specs especially the the same fantastic bezelless screen but with a larger battery than the 2100mAh in this one?

Better off asking in here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1343

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

I have an Elephone P900 8 months now.
    For the money it has all the features: 3GB ram, 32GB rom, full hd, NFC, fingerprint reader etc.

However
    - the screen did start lifting out of the frame. I had to glue it back down, and the pressure from the clothes pegs damaged the LCD (changed the colour at the pressure points).
    - the fingerprint reader stopped working (constantly detects finger, bad read and finally disables itself after an hour until next reboot. I changed to using a Bluetooth trusted device.
    - NFC is iffy. Works great with LEAP card (even through case) but won't work with many active devices, which is fine as they inherently work with Bluetooth anyway.

All that said, I'm actually pretty pleased with it. Never slow, battery is decent and no crashes. All the bits that don't work are minor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

P9000, can't edit post

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Bought my wife an umi max off gear best. Early days but it's a pretty decent phone. Hits all the same specs a has a nice 4000mamh battery. Unplugged this morning a 8am and with some moderate use its at 80% now. Internal storage memory is a bit low, but 20 quid on an SD card would sort that.

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    Also have their P7000 (Pioneer) phone, and the battery dies instantly once it gets to the 40% mark (all 3 batteries, I bought a 2nd one, and Gearbest sent me another).

@ Creeping Death, was that battery issue ever resolved? I only use the phone now for MobDro, and a bit of gaming.

Yep, that's solved.
    I never had an issue with the hardware, always software issues.
    I think the battery issue was solved a good year ago, with a firmware update and I probably cleared the phones "Dalvik cache" and a few other things in the process.

I get 1.5-2 days out of the original battery.

I flashed this Rom last: http://bbs.elephone.hk/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=9125&extra=page%3D1&mobile=2

But had to wipe the phone in the process.

Now, working okay. Only little thing is it disconnects from my cars hands free kit after connecting first, but stays connected on 2nd attempt. Fingerprint sometimes doesn't work, but nothing major. Can live with it but wouldn't mind a better camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

I'm not seeing any ROM using your link :confused:

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    I'm not seeing any ROM using your link :confused:

Links under section "Download Aerom Area".
    Directs to mega.co.nz
    Don't want to hijack thread, so best start new thread specific to p7000 in android forum?
    Pm me if I don't see/respond

Advertisement