Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog & Cat (litter choice)

Options
  • 11-01-2017 11:13pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a 6 year old terrier cross (Scruffy) and recently rescued a 8 month old cat. At the moment we have bought a covered litter tray but am still worried about our dog eating the cats poo.

Would you have any advice regarding litter choice that is safe if ingested while we train this behaviour out of him.

Other than that he gets on really well with her

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Far from a dog expert but I'd guess wood pellets would be your best bet as it breaks down to sawdust when wet rather than clump up as clay would do but that's only a first thought on the subject and hopefully someone with more expertise will be able to give you a definitive answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I would probably put the cat litter tray somewhere the dog does not have access too, using a stair gate if need be

My terriers know what they are not allowed do but as soon as my back is turned, anything is fair game lol.

Advertisement