Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Gaming PC?

Options
  • 11-01-2017 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

Hi

Wondering if anyone can tell me if this would be a good gaming pc
    Seen it on adverts and might buy it if it's any good.
    Would you be able to run games at the highest settings?

Thanks

CPU: i7 2600k overclockable to 4.8ghz

CPU Cooler: aftermarket cooler master cooler perfect for overclocking.

Motherboard: ROG Maximus iv GENE-Z The highest end motherboard for this socket an absolute beast.

Ram: 8GB Kingston 1333mhz 2x4GB more can be added is an easy upgrade

PSU: Antec 750w semi modular power supply.
    80+ bronze certified capable of sli or crossfire

Case: Antec Steel Series mid tower

SSD: 32gb Sandisk (8/10 second boot time)

HDD(Hard Drive): 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green.

Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 480 Reference Design.

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The SSD is too small so if I was buying it I'd factor in the cost of a higher capacity SSD as well. The processor is a few generations old at this stage but it's still good. Apart from that it's a good PC. How much is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭finno

The SSD is too small so if I was buying it I'd factor in the cost of a higher capacity SSD as well. The processor is a few generations old at this stage but it's still good. Apart from that it's a good PC. How much is it?

399 is that a good deal?

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

finno wrote: »
    399 is that a good deal?

I thought the card was an AMD 480 not an nVidia 480. The nVidia 480 is a much older card, it's about 5/6 years old at this stage. I'd avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭finno

I think i leave it so.

Thanks for your advise :)

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Realistically for 399 it is a pretty great deal. You hardly expect to pay just 399 for a PC to play all the latest games at ultra settings! The 2600K is still a pretty good processor and from the ad it also has a very high end motherboard, good power supply, comes with an SSD for the OS and a 2TB drive, etc.

Yes, the GTX480 is old now, but replace it with a €200 GTX1060 3GB and you will be able to play the latest games at high ultra for €550 all in - as you should get €50 for the GTX480 of that back. The GTX480 will also still play all the latest games on a temporary basis just fine at 1080p low-medium settings as it was a very high end card around 2010/2011 so it's lasted quite well.

I would say it's a decent deal for €399.

• Advertisement
Advertisement