Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Homeless crises averted - Twink saves home.

Options

Comments

The bedroom in the first photo looks like it's straight out of an '80's sitcom, a stylistic cliche.

Nice house generally though, specially the dogs.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,908 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Candie wrote: »
    The bedroom in the first photo looks like it's straight out of an '80's sitcom, a stylistic cliche.

Nice house generally though, specially the dogs.

I know Twink's looking a bit rough of late but that's a tad harsh! :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,072 ✭✭✭✭beertons

How is this news?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

#zipupyourmickey

Toots wrote: »
    I know Twink's looking a bit rough of late but that's a tad harsh! :pac:

Ah, the poor woman!

As if she hasn't enough to worry about, what with nearly winding up homeless and everything!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I think someone should come up with 18k to save that house from Twink.
    Fcuking state of it!

beertons wrote: »
    How is this news?

Shur isn't she the uncrowned Queen of Oirland with a talent for decorating cakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 dickiepower

Twink managed to come up with €18,000 to save her house from being repossessed. Fair play to her.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/twink-saves-debtridden-home-from-the-bank-and-pays-off-18000-35359635.html
    She must have put on some bake sale!

She must have put on some bake sale!

Love your username

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Jaysus, 200 euro a month mortgage payments? Who do i have to kill to get that?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Fair play to Twink. A tough old bird who has worked hard for everything in her life.

I'm glad she didn't lose her magnificent home.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,285 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Jaysus, 200 euro a month mortgage payments? Who do i have to kill to get that?!

and an outstanding balance of 250,000. those numbers make no sense. unless she is only paying the interest.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Fair play to Twink. A tough old bird who has worked hard for everything in her life.

You make her sound like an overcooked turkey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Ferrari3600

Dat's gr8 Joe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

gramar wrote: »
    I think someone should come up with 18k to save that house from Twink.
    Fcuking state of it!

If Stringfellow & Robbie Savage had a love nest, I reckon it'd look a lot like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

and an outstanding balance of 250,000. those numbers make no sense. unless she is only paying the interest.

its a f*cking sham, thats what it is. she should have been forced to sell her house and downsize to one she can afford, clear her debts and live like the rest of the people who ran into difficulties have done.

its a f*cking sham, thats what it is. she should have been forced to sell her house and downsize to one she can afford, clear her debts and live like the rest of the people who ran into difficulties have done.

You're right, of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Saw her on Grafton street once. Actually heard her before I saw her. Loud and lairy as they come.

Her daughter sings with the Celtic Woman group. Wouldn't be my cup of tea music-wise but they are good singers.

• Advertisement

she has paid the outstanding monies and gets to keep her house. is that not the way it should work?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

she has paid the outstanding monies and gets to keep her house. is that not the way it should work?

So she couldn't pay the mortgage for years, but 18 grand suddenly lands in her lap? And now goes on a tiny mortgage payment which in no way covers what she owes - I suspect that, effectively, the taxpayer will eventually cover most of what she owes. And that's on top of apparently pretending to put the house up for sale to try and pull a fast one on the court. You'll forgive my lack of sympathy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Definitely worthy of an indepth probing on Ryan Turbidity show.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,298 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Twink managed to come up with €18,000 to save her house from being repossessed. Fair play to her.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/twink-saves-debtridden-home-from-the-bank-and-pays-off-18000-35359635.html

Her little game of brinkmanship failed. Now she finds the dosh. Tried her luck for a write down the old boot.

So she couldn't pay the mortgage for years, but 18 grand suddenly lands in her lap? And now goes on a tiny mortgage payment which in no way covers what she owes - I suspect that, effectively, the taxpayer will eventually cover most of what she owes. And that's on top of apparently pretending to put the house up for sale to try and pull a fast one on the court.
    on what basis will the taxpayer ever cover what she owes? she has a house that is worth considerably more than the mortgage amount.
    You'll forgive my lack of sympathy...

she has a personality that doesn't really engender sympathy.

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Definitely worthy of an indepth probing on Ryan Turbidity show.

she could probably do with the appearance fee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

All about who you know. Most would have been turfed out at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Heaven forbid she might downsize house and avoid being dragged through the courts for money like a normal pleb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

#zipupyourmortgage

Maybe a kind old bloke gave her a bailout?

Linda Martin maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

Must be interest only. So she'll probably have to sell when the loan is finished.

Must make people renting in 1 bedroom flats costing 6 times that mad.

Advertisement