Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ARK ps4

Options
  • 10-01-2017 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭

Anyway to get my money back from buying this game. I log in to a server and try to move and look around and theres just this blue ball/mess when i move the right anolog.
    Surely this cant be acceptable

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Can you elaborate on blue ball/mess? Not sure what that means. May be able to find a fix. Even screenshot it if you can

If your determimed to just try for the money back you can contact Sony via email or phone and see what they say. I wouldnt be to hopeful though as Sony's return policy is poor in my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Sony dont do refunds. Have you more info do you get an error code or anything?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Its possible you have logged into a server that people have blocked the spawns. Try another server or single player and see how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Apologies for the late response, i havent been home since starting the thread. Pretty hard to explain what it is but I should be back home tomorrow night so i can throw up some pictures then.
    Cheers getting back to me everyone

Hi guys, two pictures uploaded being the worst culprits. Seems to happen around water although i get the same when in the jungle the odd time as well just in green. Tried all types of servers. Messed about with the options a bit and still no change.
    Aido

• Advertisement

Quality not the greatest as it only gets like tgat when looking around, doing that and taking a pic just gives the pics above.

Try going into the graphics settings and turn OFF motion blur and turn ON detailed graphics and save them options.

Start up a game and see if its still there.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Try going into the graphics settings and turn OFF motion blur and turn ON detailed graphics and save them options.

Start up a game and see if its still there.

Well done bud, you got it fixed for me. Very appreciated.

Now where to start..guide for newcomer's will we my sunday reading.

Thanks again man!

Whoops spoke to soon, now im getting slow fps, horrible draw distance and random things just floating.
    Think i'll just take the 30euro hit and not speak of the game again...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,213 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Whoops spoke to soon, now im getting slow fps, horrible draw distance and random things just floating.
    Think i'll just take the 30euro hit and not speak of the game again...

Yeah that stuff is part and parcel I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

This game looks terrible on PS4 is it any better on PC? how is it so popular?

Seemingly its a bug that has been in the linux version of the game,seen as PS4 runs a custom version of linux looks like the bug transfered over. Its to do with bloom amd water based reflections. Very poor considering it was a known bug and they still allowed it to transfer over to PS4. Although this is from a company that has been selling dlc while the game is still in early access. Id say it will be patched eventually though.

It doesnt run very well on PC either. Optimiztion and grind aside i found it to be an enjoyable enough game. Selling dlc before the game was finished killed it for me though. Also the DLC gives unfair advantages to players who have it against players who dont. A big no no for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Don't buy Early Access games, folks.

Paying to be a beta tester is just wrong :)

The Ark guys clearly know the bubble is going to burst on their game soonish because they released a paid expansion before the game is even finished :D

Nothing wrong with early access when its done right.

Yeah nothing wrong if they get finished. This game comes across as a bad joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

This game leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The videos make it look amazing. I had the PC version and it ran like a dog, the UI was terrible, and then the devs released a paid expansion before the main game was even done? That screams money grabbing to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

The developers took a pretty big hit with a lawsuit so I'd assume that's the reason for the paid dlc.

True they did lose a good bit of money through that court case but there even developing a VR Ark "experience" and still havent finished the base game. Its not only the DLC.

Most devs are saying that VR makes no real money for them yet so if wildcard can afford to keep a team on creating an experience which is likely to make them very little money i wouldnt say money is the main problem here.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

They could possibly be in more trouble than people think and are gambling on people thinking vr/dinosaurs is too cool not to buy,you do have a solid point though it sounds like abit of a greedy cash grab.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

EoinHef wrote: »
    True they did lose a good bit of money through that court case but there even developing a VR Ark "experience" and still havent finished the base game. Its not only the DLC.

Most devs are saying that VR makes no real money for them yet so if wildcard can afford to keep a team on creating an experience which is likely to make them very little money i wouldnt say money is the main problem here.

Wildcard have nothing to do with the VR "Ark Park" game. It is being made by a company called Snail Games: http://store.steampowered.com/app/529910/

It is just using the Ark assets from the Unreal engine.

There is a lot of misinformation about Ark floating about. Ark is one of the most updated early access games, every month loads of new content is added. Compare that to the likes of DayZ where it is basically the same game it was 3 years ago. The development of Ark has been great to watch and great to be a part of.

It is one of the most fun games I have ever played. Over 1000 hours into the thing. (Not played much in the last 6 months mind) It is so fecking addictive once you get into it and set up on a decent (private) server. You start on the beach with absolutely nothing and in a few days or weeks you could have a massive base built with all sorts of awesome tech and with an army of crazy dinosaurs. (One of the most recent dinos they added was the Kraken, a giant squid). It is extremely tough at the start but once you stick with it and get the hang of the basics you will be flying! Literally :P

The paid DLC was a bit of a dodgy one at the time. But, Scorched Earth is absolutely worth the money. It added a huge new map, loads of new buildables, loads of new Dinosaurs and new mechanics. The "Advantage" that players get from this is the ability to transfer dinos (like a dragon) to the base game on official servers. That is a bit ****e, but why anyone would play on official servers with the low resource rates is beyond me. No one should have time for that grind. Find yourself a decent private server with good gather and tame rates or start your own single player world with increased rates. Also the PC version has a huge amount of awesome mods that can change nearly everything in the game.

The game does run like a dog at times. Especially on lower end machines. But as the game is in an Alpha state in early access, content is still being added before they can start optimizing the game and fixing issues people have running it. In fairness it does warn you on steam that the game is in early access and will have issues and I presume it does on PS4 also.

Personally I will not be buying early access games again. I have been burnt too many times(The Culling, DayZ, H1Z1 etc), BUT Ark has nothing to do with that. It is one of the best developed early access games I have seen.

For the OP, can you post your graphics settings please?

KT

• Advertisement

They have partnered with snail games,licensed their assets and are acting as creative consultants on the VR experience. To say they have nothing to do with it is also inaccurate.

You may like the game,i do too,what i dont like so far is that theres other projects on the go while the base game remains unfinished. I bought the game so ive only myself to blame if im unhappy with it.

The game has a full release date of spring 2017,so if it runs like crap now it will most likely run like crap on release. I dont think it should be givin a pass as alpha this close to release.

Sounds like your invested in the game,and after enjoying the game for 1000 hrs i probably would be too. Again i think its a decent game i just dont like that theres been other things on the go delaying the finishing of the base game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

as some one who played the utter crap out of this game with like 900 hours in it, i cant really say it was not worth the money, that said they really just spent way to much time doing other things like the dlc that whole survival of the fittest lark and this vr gimmick they seem to just like fecking about instead of getting on with it, at this stage the game should be finished and released but what we got was paid dlc and some bad decision in regards to game play like server hopping the abysmal mess that is primitive + etc.

it's really not a game i could recommend any more they split the community with dlc and server hopping i have a beefy pc it runs good for the most part i cant imagine it running great on console giving how they do anything but fix performance issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Trying to figure out a PS4 game to get for the son (teenager) for Xmas. He had mentioned this game before. But I'm just wondering what the difference is between the two versions and which would be worth getting?

Advertisement