Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to avail of free uk shipping?

Options
  • 10-01-2017 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

I'm currently looking to buy a top on a british website but the delivery to ireland is £10!! But they deliver to the uk for free, so i'm just wondering if i could put the address to parcel motel, but i'm extremely limited in terms of knowledge on how it works, all help appreciated!:)

Comments

It's so easy.
    They give you an ID number and address in Northern Ireland.
    The stuff gets delivered to them and they put it in a locker.
    Then they text you a code and you go collect it at your local locker using the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

An post has address pal and also parcel wizard is another.

Very easy as stated above and does come in handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Thanks a million guys, very grateful for the info ye two!
    I'll use the An Post address pal seems very convenient for me and cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Ùse Parcel Wizard for extra ease of Laziness over the other two which require effort to travel to a locker/post office. DPD Parcel Wizard will deliver it to your home/work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭DopeTech

they all have websites that explain how their services work too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Some sites have stopped the use of PM etc, the newer less known ones are more likely to work. Some shops might be free mainland UK only, in which case addresspal is a mainland UK one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

rubadub wrote: »
    Some sites have stopped the use of PM etc, the newer less known ones are more likely to work. Some shops might be free mainland UK only, in which case addresspal is a mainland UK one

You'd have to wonder why this is the case. It makes no difference to said companies where items get delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

SteoL wrote: »
    You'd have to wonder why this is the case. It makes no difference to said companies where items get delivered.
    most couriers charge more to delivery to northern ireland and other non-mainland territorries. Royal mail have a single cost so are in effect subsidising NI deliveries.

PM and the others are really taking advantage of royal mail.

If you meant about them not delivering to PM at all, it would be due to potential scamming and insurance issues. I remember years ago "no P.O. boxes" was a common phrase to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,502 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Another major factor is dealing with self-entitled customers who are unwilling to pay for the significantly increased cost of returns if products are faulty - there have been many threads on here.

Advertisement