Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic going into and coming out of Citywest Business Campus

Options
  • 10-01-2017 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

What is traffic like from the N7 going into in the mornings and coming out in the evenings of Citywest Business Campus, Dublin 24

Is it mental and take ages or does it move pretty ok

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Passport1 wrote: »
    What is traffic like from the N7 going into in the mornings and coming out in the evenings of Citywest Business Campus, Dublin 24

Is it mental and take ages or does it move pretty ok

Thanks

Getting out in the evenings can take up to 45 minutes in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭LeoD

I presume you're travelling eastbound towards Dublin? That said, I'm not sure what you mean by "going into" and "coming out" of Citywest. Depends on the time and where exactly you're going in Citywest. At it's worst (from around 8:30-9:00am) it takes about 2-3 minutes to get from the N7 off-ramp to SAP but the traffic on the N7 seems to be choc-a-bloc everyday between 8 and 9 from Naas so the entire journey can take between 30 mins and an hour, depending on the time you travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Passport1

Thanks for the replies
    Le0D
    - How long would it take to get from the off ramp down to Lake Drive to say around the Citywest Marketting Suite  or the Shire Pharmacuetical offices going into Citywest say between 8-9 in the morning and leaving anytime in evening between 4-6pm
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,889 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Thanks for the replies
    Le0D
    - How long would it take to get from the off ramp down to Lake Drive to say around the Citywest Marketting Suite  or the Shire Pharmacuetical offices going into Citywest say between 8-9 in the morning and leaving anytime in evening between 4-6pm
    Thanks

If you download Waze you can pre schedule your journey and it'll show traffic levels for the time you want to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Passport1

Thanks Del2005
    I was trying more to get a kinda average of length time this might take on regular/daily basis - not just a 1 one
    Might be going to work out City west on contract basis with company so trying get idea how long it would take get in and out of business campus on daily basis in am and evening
    Does Waze give that or is it just giving time for 1 of trip based on current traffic volumes
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭samo

In the mornings, it is probably quicker to get into Citywest from the off-ramp on the N7 (Kingswood exit) and through the roundabout by Charles Hurst motors and Kingswood hotel, I have never been held up in traffic there between 8-10 in 13 years of driving to Citywest each morning and I find it quicker than the main Citywest ramp but depends which direction you come from! 

I'd usually exit the same way but I am closer to the Kingswood side, even coming the back-road down from Riverwalk where Shire are located is usually quite quick (5 mins or so), although on some occasions it can be a little bit backed up at the T junction near the salvage yard but thats often if the N7 is very busy but even so its not usually more than 5-10 mins.

The good thing about going that way is that it gives you the option to change route if the N7 is busy depending on your destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,889 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Thanks Del2005
    I was trying more to get a kinda average of length time this might take on regular/daily basis - not just a 1 one
    Might be going to work out City west on contract basis with company so trying get idea how long it would take get in and out of business campus on daily basis in am and evening
    Does Waze give that or is it just giving time for 1 of trip based on current traffic volumes
    Thanks

You can select what time you want to arrive and it'll show the average journey times. Go to routing, then click later and you can select day and time. If you set an arrival time of Monday at 9am now it'll even alert you when you need to leave.

Advertisement