Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NDBER derelict building

Options
  • 10-01-2017 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi- a help/query for NDBER assessors

A client has asked for a NDBER on a facilityy which has been abandoned and mostly destroyed - it will be fully demolished - as the site is being sold.
    I have been on to SEAI and whilst recognising the issues - the advice was directed to Building Control Section of the the Local Authority as to whether the facility may be 'exempted' from BER certification - I assume it means a declaration that the facility is derelict !
    Has anyone dealt with Building Control on this ? or has anyone simply made as best a stab as possible and worked through the analysis on whatever evidence is available from the survey - with many assumptions and produced a BER

Comments welcome
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

I haven't had the misfortune to have to do one on a derelict building so I'm not going to be much help I'm afraid.

Although the Building Control Section have responsibility for BER Adherence I have found that many are not experts on the minutia of the law surrounding BER compliance - so I'd say that could be luck of the draw as to which BCO you are dealing with.

How derelict is it? Is the roof still on it? Are there windows and doors?

Advertisement