Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Gear VR query

Options
  • 10-01-2017 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭

hi guys
    I was one of the unfortunates who signed up for the Note7 last year. As part of the deal at the time I got a free Samsung Gear VR.
    I have never got around to using it but my son has. One of the reasons I have not used it yet is that I think you have to remove the phone from the case before using it in the headset, is this correct, if so, thats a lot of hassle.
    My main reason though I would like to use it is to watch movies on Netflix or videos on Facebook/youtube etc but apparently all you can use it for is to play games which you must download, is that correct, if so, IM not really interested in games....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I'd be worried about putting a Samsung phone so close to my face for fear it would explode... I'm not sure that there is allot of compelling content for it. Having said that, I was using a Vive over Christmas & was blown away by it... I want to buy a warehouse just to have more room to use it. Very cool!!! I am now very wary of both zombies and robots...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There are games (some better than others), but they are only part of what they call 'experiences' - they have 360 degree videos and apps that are very cool too.

More here: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/gear-vr/

Yes, you have to take the phone out of its case to use Gear VR.
    It's very safe - as long as you aren't using a Note 7, don't be worried about exploding phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭banjobongo

thanks guys.
    Pity you cant use it to watch normal video, that would be really cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement