Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a decent frontend

Options
  • 10-01-2017 2:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭

Something that I can run in a window that isn't a nightmare to configure. I'd love to have everything in the one place that's easy to navigate. Something like Steam for everything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

Something that I can run in a window that isn't a nightmare to configure. I'd love to have everything in the one place that's easy to navigate. Something like Steam for everything.

Hello Jerichoholic, I'm just in the middle of putting together something myself for my PC. I chose Retroarch / Emulation Station route. Once u get a hand in setting up Retroarch, which isn't that bad, emulation station is easy, only modifying a text file really and scrapping the images for the games. I also have this running on my Pi3 also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Good stuff, i'll have a look at these now and get back to you. The last time I did anything like this was with that c64 database, and adding other emulators to it, but that was hit and miss, and very time consuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

You can use Steam as a frontend for emulators as well. Not sure how much work is involved though..

https://scottrice.github.io/Ice/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

You can use Steam as a frontend for emulators as well. Not sure how much work is involved though..

https://scottrice.github.io/Ice/

This lad has made things so much easier, just drop roms into folders and off you go.

• Advertisement

Never mind this

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

Nice...that portable build looks the business.
    An easy, lazy way out.......I love it it :pac:

Advertisement