Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese and Indian Spices

Options
  • 10-01-2017 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

I have been told that there is a new Asian/Indian market/shop in Waterford city and it is not the Asian shop on the Quay. She described it as being two or three lanes in from the Quay front. Has anyone any information on this please. Apart from buying spices etc. it is so interesting to browse all the lovely and unusual goodies they have,:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

There's an asian shop on O'Connell Street on the junction with Thomas Street, it's one street in from the Quay, think it used to be Frank English's old place. They've a big selection to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭flipsat

Thank you that must be the one. I will attempt to find it tomorrow.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

flipsat wrote: »

Nice, what you cooking?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Max Powers wrote: »
    Nice, what you cooking?

....and more importantly, where yea living, we re all coming for dinner:D

It's a big enough shop with all sorts and cheaper than the supermarkets.

• Advertisement

Max Powers wrote: »
    Nice, what you cooking?
    I cook all sorts a bit of Chinese, Indian or it might just be a joint of pork belly with a nice spicey rub on the fat to flavour it, maybe with Chinese Five spice or Indian Garam Masala mix. My husband is Spanish and he loves to cook and makes some great tapas, rice dishes and fish too. Am I making your mouth water? :)

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    ....and more importantly, where yea living, we re all coming for dinner:D
    God loves and trier! It could be a gather of foodies too the start of a dinner club!:D

deisemum wrote: »
    There's an asian shop on O'Connell Street on the junction with Thomas Street, it's one street in from the Quay, think it used to be Frank English's old place. They've a big selection to choose from.

I found the shop yesterday many thanks for your help. It is the Frank English place it still has the name outside. Good selection of every spice and then some. Quite a lot of frozen fish and seafood including raw prawns. Most of the fish would not be known to us unless from foreign travel. Plenty of Indian breads and fresh vegetables. I was disappointed they d'ont keep the little pancakes for use with crispy duck.

It was an interesting shop to browse and will go again. The first visit has you looking at everything in the shop and can be confusing and time wasting but after that it is easier to focus.:)

I found the shop yesterday many thanks for your help. It is the Frank English place it still has the name outside. Good selection of every spice and then some. Quite a lot of frozen fish and seafood including raw prawns. Most of the fish would not be known to us unless from foreign travel. Plenty of Indian breads and fresh vegetables. I was disappointed they d'ont keep the little pancakes for use with crispy duck.

It was an interesting shop to browse and will go again. The first visit has you looking at everything in the shop and can be confusing and time wasting but after that it is easier to focus.:)

Musgraves have those pancakes, if you know someone with a trade card.

Advertisement