Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training Day US-Pace-CBS (**Spoilers**)

Options
  • 09-01-2017 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,398 ✭✭✭✭

Starting February 2 on CBS.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭Clarebelly

Good jaysus, the dialog.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭lukin

The film is one of my all time faves but I'd say this won't be a patch on it. In the film Bill Paxton's character was black and the rookie was white. They have turned that around the other way for the TV series. I wonder why.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭yoppy

Like shooter this is fecked before it starts, they could have called it anything else but noooooo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

yoppy wrote: »
    Like shooter this is fecked before it starts, they could have called it anything else but noooooo.

Actually shooter is pretty good, and I'm willing to give this the benefit of the doubt too but the trailer is ridiculously cheesy and way off centre - looks like it has more in common with the 'Lethal Weapon' TV show than Training Day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭arkrow

First EP out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,398 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Very average pilot.

I'll give it a chance of another one or two episodes as Lethal Weapon showed you can have an awful pilot and turn into a pretty decent show.

Good God that was brutal. I definitely won't be watching the next ep.

lukin wrote: »
    Good God that was brutal. I definitely won't be watching the next ep.

I just watched it, what was brutal????

Very good I thought. Nicely set up arc already, bit of action, good characters, definite keeper for me, will watch ep2 later.

Aww, i was really liking this, Bill Paxton is after dying from complications after surgery. I'd imagine thats the end of this so.

arkrow wrote: »
    Aww, i was really liking this, Bill Paxton is after dying from complications after surgery. I'd imagine thats the end of this so.

The first season finished filming in December but there won't be a second season now that the lead actor is dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,398 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I stuck with it and it turned into a fun little show that had a start middle and an end.

They did leave an opening if it was renewed but that doesn't take away from a contained season.

Bill Paxton hams it up for the season and that just made it more enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Looks to be starting tonight late on RTE 1

Advertisement