Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub Grub in city

Options
  • 09-01-2017 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

Heading down to Waterford for the weekend with my wife, any suggestions for a good place for pub grub in the city?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,050 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Heading down to Waterford for the weekend with my wife, any suggestions for a good place for pub grub in the city?

Thanks

The reg, heerys, Geoffs all very nice.the Munster good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭JourneyMan8

geoffs or the mansion which is newly opened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

The Tavern on Ballybricken does nice food too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭dzilla

The city centre is weak for Pub Grub. Wetherspoons will improve it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

dzilla wrote: »

You're talking bollocks son.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭deadybai

Holy cross and the cove if your on the the outskirts. Cant bate it

longshanks wrote: »

You're talking bollocks son.
    Ok so drop yourself into the middle of town, lets say John Roberts square and go through the city center pub grub options for yourself? I can think of Geoffs/The Reg and Gingerman. Anywhere else I can think of is weak. 
    Also do this at after 5.30PM and your options are further limited.

And revolution is good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

The Granville and the Munster are very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Ok so drop yourself into the middle of town, lets say John Roberts square and go through the city center pub grub options for yourself? I can think of Geoffs/The Reg and Gingerman. Anywhere else I can think of is weak. 
    Also do this at after 5.30PM and your options are further limited.

Wetherspoons might increase the number of options, but I've never heard anything good about their food other than it's cheap. What pub doesn't do food after 5:30? (Assuming they do food before then).

Adyx wrote: »
    Wetherspoons might increase the number of options, but I've never heard anything good about their food other than it's cheap. What pub doesn't do food after 5:30? (Assuming they do food before then).

You tell me I was strolling around looking for places a few weeks ago and ended up going into a restaurant. Restaurants and cafes in Waterford are great. Pub grub not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

We have dinner booked for evening in Faithlegg, Just looking for somewhere to relax for a couple hours, couple pints with maybe a club sandwich and soup

Thanks for all replies so far

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

We have dinner booked for evening in Faithlegg, Just looking for somewhere to relax for a couple hours, couple pints with maybe a club sandwich and soup

Thanks for all replies so far

If you out there you should try Jack Meades

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Uluru just before you come to the hospital is nice and reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Gingerman is very very good! And reasonably priced. Geoffs nice too, though not as good value IMO.

Granville food is excellent. Especially the carvery everyday starting around 12.
    Heerys beside Geoffs is great value, soup and any sandwich you like for 6.95 or 8.95 I think (huge sandwiches, ciabatta style)

Gingerman is my favourite. Don't go near Kazbar for food.

thanks all. Just want to spend a few hrs in the town looking around, she wants to go to Waterford Crystal museum and maybe take a look at the Reginald Tower. ANy recommendations for parking in this area?

I do recall from last time I was down in Waterford there was a big car park along the waterfront. However we parked in the Tower Hotel car park as we had lunch there but not sure if that's open to general public?

Anything else worth seeing?

thanks all. Just want to spend a few hrs in the town looking around, she wants to go to Waterford Crystal museum and maybe take a look at the Reginald Tower.  ANy recommendations for parking in this area?

I do recall from last time I was down in Waterford there was a big car park along the waterfront.  However we parked in the Tower Hotel car park as we had lunch there but not sure if that's open to general public?

Anything else worth seeing?
    There is a very big car park called bolton street behind the waterford crystal visitor centre. You turn left at the traffic lights at the Tower hotel as if you were going to the Tower hotel car park, then at the little hump back bridge veer left and the car park is there. 1€ and hour and its a 30 second stroll to the Waterford Crystal. 
    Across from the crystal there is a lovely cafe in the Bishops Palace building aswell as a number of museums around there. Also there are a number of cafes there for soup and sambo or deserts such as Gallways my personal favorite. 
    Also stroll down to Reginalds tower, its all concentrated in that area called the Viking triangle which the Crystal center is part of.
    tower hotel car park is not open to the public last time I was there

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

The Three Ships was grand the last time I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Momo on Patrick Street serving some of the nicest food in town at the moment. Great light lunch option. Also do beers and wine

• Advertisement

thomasm wrote: »
    Momo on Patrick Street serving some of the nicest food in town at the moment. Great light lunch option. Also do beers and wine

Thanks but its a bit far out of the way from where I'll be basing and parking up

KK4SAM wrote: »
    The Three Ship was grand the last time I was there.
    Three shippes is very good actually, often forget about the place.

D

Thanks for all the suggestions. Ended up in The Reg as it was just right beside the Tower when we got there. Tower was closed for lunch so went in for a really good club sandwich. Big TV and watched some footie aswell.
    Waterford Crystal wasn't doing any tours this time but had a quick look around show room. Stroll around the city down by the square and back to hotel for a nice meal and a few scoops. Great weekend

Advertisement