Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disability alowence and work

Options
  • 09-01-2017 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all, hoping you can help with disability allowance. I wish to apply as I was diagnosed with bi polar, I was hospitalised once and was out of work for 6 months. I will be on medication forever.
    I have returned to work but can not work shift work any more due illness, I have worked for the same company for 11 years am or would I be entitled for Disability Allowance?
    Any comments and help required! Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I don't know the answer but you might find something here that helps. You might be better off asking a Mod to move your query to that section.
    All the best.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=861

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Disability allowance is for people who are unable to work at all with a disability that will last for a minimum of a year.
    From your post it seems you can work but just not shift hours? If I understood that right then no you wouldn't be approved.

Advertisement