Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charging near an iPad

Options
  • 09-01-2017 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Whenever I go to charge my S7, if my iPad is charging at the same time (the charging cables are right beside each other), the S7 constantly vacillates between charging and not charging. It just beeps constantly as it charges, then pauses, then charges over and over.

I didn't have this problem with my previous Android phone (a Wileyfox) so maybe it's something to do with NFC (but that's about as far as my knowledge of that goes). If I plug out the iPad, everything works as normal, and any other charging I do is fine (in work on wireless, connected to a PC, etc)

It's not a disaster, but it is a bit annoying that I can't charge 2 devices at once.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

corblimey wrote: »
    Whenever I go to charge my S7, if my iPad is charging at the same time (the charging cables are right beside each other)

Are you using a double (or quad) charger? If so its draw. An iPad needs about 2.5A and phones do now too (2yrs ago they were more like 1A). Hitting 4.5-5A is too much for many chargers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

ED E wrote: »
    Are you using a double (or quad) charger? If so its draw. An iPad needs about 2.5A and phones do now too (2yrs ago they were more like 1A). Hitting 4.5-5A is too much for many chargers.

It is a double adapter, tks ED E. I'll swap it out for 2 single adapters tonight and see what happens.

Advertisement