Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Z270 mid price motherboard

Options
  • 09-01-2017 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Im looking for a mid price Z270 board. I could go to high price for the right features. I don't need Wifi or on-board audio. I might for plump a two way SLI. I would like 2 M2 slots also. 6 + sata ports would also be appreciated. Im also in the market for a PCIE to 2/4 port SATA with consumer grade RAID 0/1/5 if anyone knows of a decent quality one. I had a PCIE 2 x SATA port card costing around 30 euro, but it performed poorly.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

SLI is almost never worth it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I'm not sure if any official prices have been released for the Z270 boards yet but most reviewers have hinted at the £90-150 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 fourtwozero

Im not massively concerned for SLI but I will definitely want the M2 slot - I can live with one and get a 2TB one I suppose, although with Optane it may be a bit pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Im not massively concerned for SLI but I will definitely want the M2 slot - I can live with one and get a 2TB one I suppose, although with Optane it may be a bit pointless.

Boards having at least two M2 slots, seems to one of the main features of the Z270 so unless you buy some uber cheap no brand board, you should be covered. Optane on the other had I believe will be priced out of most users price range for a long time just like the early SSD's and we will be hardware a gen or two down the road before it become viable.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 fourtwozero

If Optane managed to to turn out to be as much of a game changer as SSD drives, it would be nice to have the option to use it. Also the price difference does not seem to large enough to justify getting a Z170 instead. I have been looking at Asus brands only and even narrowing it down to them I find it a bit confusing. Essentially I would like a board with most features I can get, paired with the saving from lack of WIFI and on board sound. Also I want 6 SATA ports.

• Advertisement
Advertisement