Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for Planning Consultant Local Needs Meath

Options
  • 09-01-2017 7:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Looking for information for obtaining local needs planning permission in Meath. I'm currently residing in Australia, have previously lived all my life in Kilmessan village (zoned land). Land (rural land) was recently left to my father approximately 2-3km outside the village. Has anyone in a similar situation achieved planning? Or would anyone have recommendations for planning consultants who have helped achieve planning permission for a similar situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭bemak

I think your 'story' is going to be a lot more important than the planning consultant! Are you going to be moving home for good or is it a holiday home? Will you be working in the area - or somewhere else? From what I've heard, Meath is quite tricky; you'll need to convince the planners that you are going to contribute positively to the local community and not build another house that's only going to be used for a few weeks in the year!

Go for preplanning meeting first in the council yourself - while they won't give you a definite answer, you'll quickly know whether they are for or against you.

Advertisement