Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballykisteen - place to eat

Options
  • 08-01-2017 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hello

Staying in Ballykisteen Resort for a couple of nights and was looking for recommendations on somewhere nearby to get dinner for two.

Eating at the hotel restaurant one of the nights so looking for options for the other.

Heard Brazils in Tipperary town is nice. Would it be far from the hotel?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

cbmonstra wrote: »
    Hello

Staying in Ballykisteen Resort for a couple of nights and was looking for recommendations on somewhere nearby to get dinner for two.

Eating at the hotel restaurant one of the nights so looking for options for the other.

Heard Brazils in Tipperary town is nice. Would it be far from the hotel?

Thanks!

Brazil's would be roughly 3 miles from the hotel. Approx €10 if you're getting a taxi.

Prime 74 in Tipperary Town is also worth a shout.

What days are you staying? As I'm unsure if either open late Monday, Tuesdays or Wednesdays

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭cbmonstra

Brazil's would be roughly 3 miles from the hotel. Approx €10 if you're getting a taxi.

Prime 74 in Tipperary Town is also worth a shout.

What days are you staying? As I'm unsure if either open late Monday, Tuesdays or Wednesdays

Staying Friday and Saturday night, and was hoping to book somewhere for the Friday.

Will check out Prime 74 too, thanks for the suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

+ 1 for Prime 74. I had lunch there when I passed through Tipp a while back. Superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Paddico

Prime 74 is top notch.
    Ballinacourty in Aherlow never disappoints

Brazils is quite nice too though lacks atmosphere a little

Thanks All!

Had a look at Prime 74 website and it looks great so going to try and book there later. Really looking forward to it :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

O Neill's in Thomastown is well worth the 10min drive outside of Tipperary town. Best food in the area.

Just had to come back and let you know how we got on at Prime 74.

Food was fantastic as promised. Also, the service was excellent. I found the staff really attentive, without being pushy or over-friendly. They were very professional.

The atmosphere was super relaxed, but then the food was on a par with somewhere really fancy and formal.

I didn't have the steak, but got to taste my dining partner's. I would say it was the best I've tasted outside of France.

Overall, it was a great experience, and I am now trying to think of an excuse to get back to Tipp so I can go there again!

Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Paddico

Brilliant CB.
    As a matter of interest did you try any of the other places?

Hi Paddico,

We were only in town for 2 nights and the deal we got with the Ballykisteen Golf hotel included dinner there.

It was nice too actually and we were very happy with it.

Had a lovely Prosecco cocktail in the hotel bar before dinner, and I thought the bar there had a great atmosphere for a hotel.

Actually staff in the hotel were great. We had one or two little hiccups during our stay, but they sorted them out quick smart and were very friendly.

We didn't venture to any pubs after our meal in Prime 74, as my OH isn't big into pubs, but I think if I was there with friends next time, I would definitely be up for seeing what the town has to offer in that respect.

Advertisement