Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens Dishwasher won't drain - looking for advice

Options
  • 08-01-2017 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

The machine in question is a Siemens SE64630.
    The symptoms are that the exhaust pump runs continuously and doesn't empty the bottom of the washer.
    I have removed all the usual filters and they are clean.
    I then saw the pump cover and using a Torex 20 head, I removed the plastic cover to reveal a fan-like thingy (X in attached image) that spins when I put power back on. The residual water is then squirted back into the unit as though the outlet pipe is blocked. I assume the spinning thingy is one end of the pump shaft.
    Y and Z (in attached image) appear to be in/out pipes but I assume they have to do with the washing process and not relevant.
    My diagnosis is that beyond the X thingy is the pump blade and outlet pipe. That pipe is blocked - I think, maybe. It joins the nearby main kitchen sink outlet which is free and flowing.
    My questions:
    Is there any point in pushing a thin wire/cable thru' the X and see if I can free the blockage. I am afraid to do it in case I damage the pump.
    Is the only alternative to take the whole washer out (it's built-in) and go after the pump from the outside?

Any comments/advice appreciated please.
    MOTF

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

looking at the image provided tells me that the filter/microfilter is not being locked into place, the two arrows should always line up otherwise the filters will float and allow debris down into the pump. the first thing you need to check is where the waste is plumbed into check the end of the waste pipe for a blockage especially if it goes into a spigot off the sink, btw the pump will not empty if you did not put back the cover over the impellar,

Advertisement