Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFi problem with new Xbox.

Options
  • 07-01-2017 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The young lad got a new Xbox from Santa. The problem is that the WiFi disconnects randomly when the console has been turned off and cannot find my WiFi or any other despite every other device and console doing it no problem.The Xbox is sitting in the same spot as the ps3 had been which never had an issue with WiFi signals.The router is even in the line of sight of the xbox.I connected via Ethernet and that works but is just a temporary fix as the cableand homeplug is needed for something else. Is there a problem with the WiFi card? I even changed the channel in the router from auto to see if that cured the problem to no avail.
    My only other option now is boxing it back up and getting a replacement unless somebody here has a solution.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Does your router have a 5gz option? If so, try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Does your router have a 5gz option? If so, try that.

I'll have a look later. I did a hard reset and it found mine and the neighbours WiFi, hopefully that cured it and it will stay connected.

• zerks wrote: »
    I'll have a look later. I did a hard reset and it found mine and the neighbours WiFi, hopefully that cured it and it will stay connected.

Zerks, What channel did you set the Wi-Fi too?
    Set it to channel 3 and also set 5.4ghz within the router
    Where is the Xbox one positioned? Inside a cabinet?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Zerks, What channel did you set the Wi-Fi too?
    Set it to channel 3 and also set 5.4ghz within the router
    Where is the Xbox one positioned? Inside a cabinet?

It's on a shelf and you can see the router from where it is. I was away today so didn't get a chance to check it yet. I'll give an update as soon as I get a chance.

Checked it out and all seems to be okay now.Did a hard reset of the console. Streaming a movie in HD through it now and no problems.
    Thanks for the advice lads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement