Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel never arrived - possibly seized - what now?

Options
  • 06-01-2017 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Bit of a strange one - my brother posted a parcel to us for Christmas and it still hasn't arrived over 3 weeks later....but it seems he had included a bottle of wine in it....
    Now from my research, it looks like alcohol cannot be posted into Ireland, so I'm guessing it was seized somewhere along the line.  So my question is, has this ever happened anyone?  Will the remainder of the parcel be returned to sender/sent on at some point or is the whole thing destroyed? 
    I don't give a fiddler's for the bottle of wine, but I would like to get my hands on the rest of the parcel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Did he post it tracked?

If you have tracking A) you can find out where it is and B) can alert Revenue @DMC that you're happy for the wine to be seized and the rest of the consignment to come on through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭ei9go

Alcohol can't be imported without paying taxes.

It won't be seized but may come with a charge for excise and vat on the parcel

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They aren't even meant to offer the option of paying tax due to the need for an import licence. It has happened rarely to people on here but most is seized

Advertisement