Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting samsung tab a 10" to tv

Options
  • 06-01-2017 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

I have a hdmi lead and was wondering if anyone can recommend a reliable adapter for connecting a samsung tab to the tv using a hdmi lead to watch movies etc, thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Samsung do their own MHL Adapter for this, normally around 35-40 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If it was me I would get a Chromecast instead, around €30 and you won't need to have cable connected to the tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/skp/faq/1108659

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/skp/faq/1108504

Top link shows connection cable and lower link showing several options for connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Download Smart View and stream your content wirelessly. This works out of the box with newer Samsung smart TVs, or you can stream to a chromecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭smallgarden

I dont have a smart tv and the tv is not connected to the internet. Will chromecast work with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭Damien360

I dont have a smart tv and the tv is not connected to the internet. Will chromecast work with it?

The chromecast connects to your HDMI port on the tv. It then connects wirelessly to your network. Costs about €40. Works on tv with a hdmi and your wireless network. Connect via any smart phone/tablet.

If you're going to waste €40 on a cable/adaptor/Chromecast, just buy an Android box for the same cost and forget about the hassle of having to connect your tablet.

Advertisement