Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE nursing sponsorship

Options
  • 06-01-2017 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I am a HCA gone back to do nursing as a mature student. I am currently in 1st year and my current employer has offered funding towards the course. However, I need to provide documentation to them about the hse sponsorship scheme. I am finding it difficult to find this information. Is there any nurses out there who were sponsored by there employer? How many year did you have to give back after qualifying? Was your salary paid throughout the 4 years?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭sevg

Usually a circular is sent around. Im in my 3rd year of nursing and I'm hse sponsored. Dont know if it will work with you if you are already in college as you apply for it with the cao and sit the aptitude test. Whether you get the sponsorship depends on your aptitude test score and whether you get your first choice in the first round of cao offers. If theres 3 sponsorships available in your area then it will go to whoever got the 3 highest scores. Hence why i dont think you can apply if you've already started a course and they allocate the funding from the start to the finish of the course. And you pay back 5 years after you qualify

Advertisement