Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Block area codes

Options
  • 06-01-2017 11:01am
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Started getting 30 - 40 scam calls onto my number, 24 hours a day. They are all slightly different numbers, all UK based, so no point in blocking the individual numbers.

Is there a way I can block a range of prefix, as they are all +442033XXXXX?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ConorSmartt

Unfortunately there is no way to block number prefixes and/or half numbers.

You can disable receiving incoming international calls but to be honest then you could be blocking a number you actually want a call from.

The only option really would be to block the numbers individually or just change your number if it's too much hassle.

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I get a lot of UK calls so can't block international! My number is 087AAAAAAA where A is the same number, so may just be the joys of having a number a like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ConorSmartt

Well then a number change is in order! ... I was going to ask how they got your number but sure now you've said it's the same number repeated, im not suprised to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Holy Hell it must be a nightmare having a number like that. Cool initially but not worth the code callers.

Its strange though. Ive had the number for years and never been an issue. I recently gave my number out to Powercity) and all the calls started within 48 hours of that. Im assuming its just coincidence!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its probably an autodialler gone haywire.

Touchwiz on Samsungs has a blocker that'll do what you want:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GleEIvjA1-M

Or there's an app:
    Personal Blacklist - Block calls from any phone number or area code.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flexaspect.android.everycallcontrol&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭endacl

antodeco wrote: »
    I get a lot of UK calls so can't block international! My number is 087AAAAAAA where A is the same number, so may just be the joys of having a number a like that!

I'm going to call you now. Expect my communication within 10 attempts!

:pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Mr. Number can do this

I've blocked every number they've called me on, and when they called today, advised the call is being recorded. They hung up and kept calling back from the same number. I've setup a divert from whenever they call me on from that number to one of their other numbers. So if they call me, they get through to themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

endacl wrote: »
    I'm going to call you now. Expect my communication within 10 attempts!

:pac:

8 attempts.
    antodeco wrote: »
    I've blocked every number they've called me on, and when they called today, advised the call is being recorded. They hung up and kept calling back from the same number. I've setup a divert from whenever they call me on from that number to one of their other numbers. So if they call me, they get through to themselves

DONT DO THIS.

They'll be calling themselves but every time they do you'll be billed for half the call!

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    8 attempts.

DONT DO THIS.

They'll be calling themselves but every time they do you'll be billed for half the call!

I don't pay for the bill, either do the company I work for ;)

Advertisement