Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for i7 & 1060 or i7 & Quadro

Options
  • 06-01-2017 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭

In need of a decent laptop quickish, option given was a Dell mobile workstation at around 2.7k (before tax) dell precision but it's kinda hard to justify that even with prior invoice in hand and as most have chosen on their own to use a consumer one. Would have gone with a Dell but none of their non-alienware laptop have 10-- series currently and I can't wait as I need it in the next few days. Majority here are using non-workstations with non-quadro or fire pro with the older 960m mostly lenovo and a few dell and a few with the 1060 (3 MSI).

Was looking at of all places Komplett (haven't used them in years) and they've a €2k HP that would suit but that's on the very high end for my needs as I don't really want a 1070 as the 1060 compares very favourable to the 960m/ Quadro 5000m. 1050 would also be an option but can't see any yet.

Preferable looking for either an Irish company so I can just hand over the invoice or a UK one (keyboard) who I can get it a 0% vat rate and in either case not get anything that looks odd with lights and such.

Budget: €1500-2000

Intended use: Word processing, CAD/modeling (not much rendering) large projects.

Mobility: 17" weight doesn't matter.

Warranty: longer and will likely be looking for 3 years.

Comments

Advertisement