Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anpost missing post

Options
  • 06-01-2017 3:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

hi ,
    i am ebay seller from last 2 year. every week i send 150 to 200 post. maximum are 1.30euro postage . i am having problem with anpost , from last 1 year every week 10 to 15 post are going missing , buyer not receiving the postage , address are correct , confirmed by buyer . i dont know what to do ...
    today i made a refund for 67euro , i sended the post with tracking already 40 days gone but buyer did not received the item . i called anpost , they said some where item gone lost . i do not understand how anpost work , normal post going lost every week and tracking item also started missing ,,,,

is here , any other ebay seller having this problem , if you having same problem like me , we all have to be together and have to deal with anpost . if me only one person contact with anpost then i not be able ti change it but if we 10 people stand forward and talk anpost have to listen us ,,remember its not good for our business ,

thanks
    mash

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭sat matt

Are you using eircodes?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭TheChizler

sat matt wrote: »
    Are you using eircodes?
    Would only explain a delay not items going missing, unless the address is really wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cmash

TheChizler wrote: »
    Would only explain a delay not items going missing, unless the address is really wrong.

Address is right. Yes I use eircodes. Check this tracking RL643068165IE . An post lost my item.and they don't know where it is

What was the destination?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cmash

TheChizler wrote: »
    What was the destination?
    That one was Cyprus, with all costoms clearances documents. every week 10 to 12 national postage going missing. All are 1.30 euro postage. Even address is correct. . When when I send again. Buyer receiving it.. I am confused. Buyer lies or anpost lost it

• Advertisement

Did An Post confirm it left the country? They might not be able to track it once it's international.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Don't forget some buyers tell you stuff didn't turn up to get a refund because they know you can't prove that it did.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I've moved this from the Limerick form to Online Buying & Auctions, perhaps they can help you more. Once an post hand off the packages to other nations postal service, it's out of their hands. You could get insurance I would imagine?

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

cmash wrote: »
    Address is right. Yes I use eircodes. Check this tracking RL643068165IE . An post lost my item.and they don't know where it is

An Post didn't lose it, it was put on the truck/plane/boat to Cyprus and it took until today to arrive in their system: http://ips.cypruspost.gov.cy/ipswebtrack/IPSWeb_item_events.asp?itemid=RL643068165IE&Submit=%CE%A5%CF%80%CE%BF%CE%B2%CE%BF%CE%BB%CE%AE+%2F+Submit

Try using http://www.track-trace.com/ once it's left An Posts hands

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

You could consider offering a second, slightly more expensive, tracked/insured option for your postage. You get what you pay for with delivery. Maybe only guarantee delivery when people choose the tracked version.

I'd imagine there's a combination of both An Post issues and liars with that much missing post, and the only way to weed out the liars is to use a signed service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement