Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxendales Confusion

Options
  • 06-01-2017 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there,

I made the classic rookie error of an online shopper and rushed through signing up to Oxendales online yesterday. I ordered a few tops that come to 35 Euros in total; ordered and found it unusual they didn't ask for any card details. It was over before I knew it and too late to backtrack.

This morning, I got an email from them saying my credit limit is 250 Euros.. Uh oh! I just want to pay for the items once off and then not order from them again. Is this possible? Can I use my Visa debit card as I do not have a credit card? (feeling silly & bemused)..

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Log into the Oxendales website and click on my account. Check what the balance you owe is. I think it's 4.99 for postage on top of what you ordered. There's an option there to make a payment. I use Oxendales sometimes but I always pay them off straight away. They do accept debit cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 aiscon9

Hey; thanks for the reply. So can you just pay it off at the time of purchase, like a normal Amazon account, for example? That credit limit thing scared me! Sorry; feeling like a bit of a numpty! Thought I was so au fait with this online shopping malarkey!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

As soon as you place the order you can go into my account and pay off the balance. I don't know if there's any way of paying as you are putting through the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

You can call them and place your order by phone and they can take the payment there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Usually when they want to know if you are a homeowner, how long you have been with your current bank and what your current profession is just to order a few tops, it's because you're opening a credit account ;)

• Advertisement

Ha ha.. Was rushing through it and found it a bit odd alright.. As I was saying, already feel like a numpty! Thanks for the clarification! :D

Cool; thanks! :)

Advertisement