Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thailand Itinerary

Options
  • 05-01-2017 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi Guys,

Travelling to south east asia for 2 months in early February for Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. Have rough plans made for Cambodia and Vietnam however getting a bit stuck with planning Thailand.

I'll have about 18 days in Thailand. I arrive to Bangkok and plan to stay for 3 nights. Then thinking of going to Kanchanaburi for a couple of days, Khao Sok National park for a few days and then spend some time in the beach areas. Instead of Kanchanaburi I was thinking of going up North to Chiang Mai but I've read that in mid February it may not be good for air quality.

Any advice for these 18 days and whether Chiang Mai is best avoided in mid February?

Thanks alot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

Messiah-19 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Travelling to south east asia for 2 months in early February for Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. Have rough plans made for Cambodia and Vietnam however getting a bit stuck with planning Thailand.

I'll have about 18 days in Thailand. I arrive to Bangkok and plan to stay for 3 nights. Then thinking of going to Kanchanaburi for a couple of days, Khao Sok National park for a few days and then spend some time in the beach areas. Instead of Kanchanaburi I was thinking of going up North to Chiang Mai but I've read that in mid February it may not be good for air quality.

Any advice for these 18 days and whether Chiang Mai is best avoided in mid February?

Thanks alot
    I was in Chiang mai in mid February last year.Perfectly blue skies all the time.Air quality was good too.
    Take a bus from there onto Pai,its a little hippy type commune up near Burma.A
    lovely little village with the best street food I've ever eaten.
    You can go on to Chiang rai from there.
    Hire a scooter and go exploring.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,947 ✭✭✭duffman13

Haven't been to Koh Sok but a few friends on the way there now and it looks incredible. I think you should be fine with Chiang Mai, air quality is awful in March/April when they start burning the fields but you should be good in February, id echo the OP and recommend a trip to Pai, I'd never been despite being in Chiang Mai a few times passing through but had a friend there recently and went up. It was amazing, well worth 3 or 4 days in my opinion.

Advertisement