Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skyrim on Samsung HD smart tv not as good as LG

Options
  • 05-01-2017 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Hey anyone else have this problem, I recently bough a 32 inch Samsung h6400 model, when playing Skyrim it doesn't seem to show as much of the background whereas playing it on a cheaper LG 32 inch the background looks larger for some reason even. Anyone ever had any experience with this? I've adjusted the screen to autofit and ratio 16.9.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Some sort of overscan perhaps? Which console? I believe PS4 has an option to adjust the screen area.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

You're using slightly ambiguous terminology here. Do you mean that the game content is being cropped at the edges of the newer screen? See if it has a "screen mode" or something to that effect; they usually have various zoom or crop options.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kraft.l

Actually I managed to figure out what was wrong, it was scanning at 1080p I went into the xbox settings and put it at 720, now there is more screen space in the Landscape when walking around in 3rd person and it's still high definition, is that overscan? Anyway it looks fine now thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Is the new TV only 720 (1280 x 720)? If the box was outputting 1080 (1920 x 1080) but the TV is only 720 that would explain why the image was being cropped.

"HD" doesn't mean much, both 720 and 1080 are referred to as HD, with 1080 sometimes being called "Full HD".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

H6400 models appear to be 3D full HD so I'm not too sure what's going on here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Make sure that the Samsung is set to use the "screen fit" setting.

The box was outputting 1080 hd but I'm sure the tv is full hd, anyway now that I've outputted the box at 720 at 50hz, it's grand, I found that effects like smoke and fire are more noticeable as well which is what I was hoping for.

d31b0y wrote: »
    H6400 models appear to be 3D full HD so I'm not too sure what's going on here.

Full 3D is an option you can toggle on and off for 3D movies, its a fine tv for xbox games.

Advertisement