Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panda Waste: Terms of business: Domestic Account.

Options
  • 05-01-2017 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,199 ✭✭✭✭

Panda waste have started send me texts with this message.

"Payment on your panda account is now overdue. Please pay any outstanding amounts as soon as possible to resume collections.
    Thank you,
    Panda Customer Care
    "

As my account is in credit, I ignored it, until today, when my Green bin was not lifted.

I called them and they stated that none of my bins would be collected until I provide them with either debit or credit card details or a bank account, plus give them authorisation to debit such account with €0.02 to ensure it was a valid account.

Anyone any thoughts on these terms of business and how they might be aligned with their waste licence?

I presume the Dept of the Environment is the appropriate Govt Agency, via the EPA as per this link

http://www.housing.gov.ie/environment/waste/permitslicences/waste-permitslicences

Thanks in advance and best for 2017.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

might it be their standing charge that's overdue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,199 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

might it be their standing charge that's overdue ?
    No, the annual fee of €110 is paid as well as another 25 so as the black bin will get paid for when lifted the twice a year it goes out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,199 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Just to close this off.
    They have accepted they were wrong not to collect my bin, which is always refreshing.
    They also accepted that the above message was wrong and should not have been posted to my account.
    They also admitted that their call service team should have offered me the Prepay system when I phoned them.

I am now on their prepay system and they collected the bin.

Whether I pursue the legal avenue for defamation arising from the false and damaging statement that payment on my account is overdue remains to be seen.

It certainly got their attention.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Whether I pursue the legal avenue for defamation arising from the false and damaging statement that payment on my account is overdue remains to be seen..

Seriously?

If you are going to pursue this part then move to the USA first and you'll feel right at home,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just to close this off.
    They have accepted they were wrong not to collect my bin, which is always refreshing.
    They also accepted that the above message was wrong and should not have been posted to my account.
    They also admitted that their call service team should have offered me the Prepay system when I phoned them.

I am now on their prepay system and they collected the bin.

Whether I pursue the legal avenue for defamation arising from the false and damaging statement that payment on my account is overdue remains to be seen.

It certainly got their attention.

Where were you defamed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Sincerely, how in God's earth were you defamed? They did not publish your details publically, in fact, it was you who made this public. It was a simple mistake with no maliciousness behind it, which they have now rectified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Denny_Crane

Publish doesn't have to be publically. Perhaps the OP's PA read the text. One could argue failure to lift the bin could easily be construed as the OP not paying the bill. The OP should, without delay, hire a solicitor and insist a senior be instructed.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,345 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Cabaal wrote: »
    Seriously?

If you are going to pursue this part then move to the USA first and you'll feel right at home,

The USA is the last country in the world you should go to if you want to sue for defamation. Virtually no chance of success - First Amendment and all that.

Advertisement