Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50% off Odeon Cinema tickets

Options
  • 05-01-2017 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭

Booking your tickets online:

1) Go to www.odeoncinemas.ie and a choose a film you like the look of
    2) Book your tickets entering the code 50JAN in the promotions box before you pay
    4) Before you leave check you have your booking confirmation
    5) Pick up your tickets when you arrive at the cinema
    6) Sit back and enjoy!

Valid on screenings between Thursday 5th January to Wednesday 11th January 2017 inclusive only.

*Offer excludes all screenings of 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story', 'Assassin's Creed', 'Silence' and 'La La Land'.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Valentina wrote: »
    *Offer excludes all screenings of 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story'

Goddamnit

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭billcullen1

2) Book your tickets entering the code 50JAN in the promotions box before you pay
    6) Sit back and enjoy!

Valid on screenings between Thursday 5th January to Wednesday 11th January 2017 inclusive only.

*Offer excludes all screenings of 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story', 'Assassin's Creed', 'Silence' and 'La La Land'.

Are we stupid, the offer excludes a very large portions of films on release, i think one might be better advised to use meteor extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

Even includes Films on Bargain Wednesdays, so you can get a ticket for €3 instead of the usual €6

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Are we stupid, the offer excludes a very large portions of films on release, i think one might be better advised to use meteor extras.
    Or the times 2 for 1. If you got a subscription and Ipad a few weeks back..

christo82 wrote: »
    Even includes Films on Bargain Wednesdays, so you can get a ticket for €3 instead of the usual €6

for which films ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

for which films ??

I know its limited as it doesn't include the films listed above. But you can go see Passengers, for example

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

for which films ??
    Anything on show, bar....

all screenings of 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story', 'Assassin's Creed', 'Silence' and 'La La Land'.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

christo82 wrote: »
    I know its limited as it doesn't include the films listed above. But you can go see Passengers, for example

Don't go see that. It's rubbish.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Don't go see that. It's rubbish.

That's why the offer is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

What a bunch of moaners. Nobodys forcing you to go to the cinema, of ya dont like it there's the door.

Thanks op.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

A monster calls
    Fantastic beasts
    Why him
    Collateral beauty
    Passengers

It's not like you've no choice, it's still a bargain if you want to see any of those films so STFU to the whingers really...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

What a bunch of moaners. Nobodys forcing you to go to the cinema, of ya dont like it there's Kodi & Exodus

Thanks op.

FYP

What a bunch of moaners. Nobodys forcing you to go to the cinema, of ya dont like it there's the door.

Thanks op.

It's not moaning but I don't see the point in giving a voucher that is not valid for the top 5 films that are out at the moment.

My nearest Odeon is Stillorgan and any evening it only shows 7 films and I can only go see 3 of them which are all weaker options.

A monster calls
    Fantastic beasts
    Why him
    Collateral beauty
    Passengers

It's not like you've no choice, it's still a bargain if you want to see any of those films so STFU to the whingers really...

You cannot see A Monster Calls with the voucher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

6) Sit back and enjoy!

[/ b]

Can we mark this cold :)

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

murpho999 wrote:

You can in Naas anyway.

It doesn't seem to apply the code to family tickets , so maybe try and see how selecting individual tickets works out for you.

Thanks op.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

It's not moaning but I don't see the point in giving a voucher that is not valid for the top 5 films that are out at the moment.

My nearest Odeon is Stillorgan and any evening it only shows 7 films and I can only go see 3 of them which are all weaker options.

I've news for you. The top 5 movies that are out now are not the best 5 movies that are out now. Live a little and go see something you wouldn't normally see for cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

Doesn't work with premium, but I was able to book a normal seat.

Thanks OP

Ehhhmm yep, it pretty much is the definition of moaning! I'd hate to see/hear you moaning if you don't think this is it...! :p

I've news for you. The top 5 movies that are out now are not the best 5 movies that are out now. Live a little and go see something you wouldn't normally see for cheap.

The top 5 that are excluded, are certainly better films than those that you can see. That's not my opinion general opinion of critics and Rotten Tomatoes.

Probably could swap Assassin's Creed and Harry Potter spin off but I have no interest in either, so I'll just let the voucher go.

Won't go see a poor film just for the sake of it.

• Advertisement

Ehhhmm yep, it pretty much is the definition of moaning! I'd hate to see/hear you moaning if you don't think this is it...! :p

No it's not moaning, just pointing out that the voucher is not all it's cracked up to be, could even argue that it's false advertising as you have to check separate T&C's to discover that you do't really get a great choice of films.

No it's not moaning, just pointing out that the voucher is not all it's cracked up to be, could even argue that it's false advertising as you have to check separate T&C's to discover that you do't really get a great choice of films.
    I did point out it was an awful offer...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Enough of the moaning, don't like it complain to Odeon.

Price is cheaper than it would be normally, and cinemas always have free list suspended on certain movies. Move on

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭heavywater

cathalj wrote: »
    murpho999 wrote:

You can in Naas anyway.

Thanks op.
    And you can in Blanchardstown - thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

Does anyone have any codes for today I'm going with two kids at 6

Does anyone have any codes for today I'm going with two kids at 6

Yeah:

6) Sit back and enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Thanks op - just booked something for Wed night (bargain Wednesday).... so got 3 cinema tickets for €7.50 :D

Just as a matter of interest, where do these codes pop up? On odeons Facebook page?

Cheers

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Thanks op - just booked something for Wed night (bargain Wednesday).... so got 3 cinema tickets for €7.50 :D

Just as a matter of interest, where do these codes pop up? On odeons Facebook page?

Cheers

Email. Once you book online, you should be emailed future offers.

Advertisement