Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web OS any good?

Options
  • 05-01-2017 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a new telly... considering an LG UHD TV 55" 55UH651V & just wondering if anyone has any feedback?

I'll mostly be using it to watch streaming content, YouTube & cable TV (low res) as well as creating a wireless connection to my LG MusicFlow speakers....

What is WebOS like? Can I use it similar to Chromecast? or do I need specific apps for each source? I generally fire content from my tablet to the TV. In the long term, I'd also like to connect to a Google Home thingy...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Bump...

So, I picked up a TV anyway... It's WebOS 3.0. The apps don't interest me too much & I have an Android box on the way to handle allot of my needs, but streaming movies and YouTube has been much better than I have experienced before. Plus my wireless speakers work great as surround sound and are controlled by the TV controller...

The TV itself was discounted, but seems to have lots of stuff... UHD 4K, HDR Pro, 55" etc... So far so good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Bluefoam wrote: »
    So, I picked up a TV anyway... It's WebOS 3.0. The apps don't interest me too much & I have an Android box on the way to handle allot of my needs, but streaming movies and YouTube has been much better than I have experienced before. Plus my wireless speakers work great as surround sound and are controlled by the TV controller...

The TV itself was discounted, but seems to have lots of stuff... UHD 4K, HDR Pro, 55" etc... So far so good

I'm sorry i didn't see the thread sooner, although i would have told you that Web OS was pretty damned good and recommended the TV anyway :pac:

There's an app in the store, an IPTV one which is pretty solid, it's worth checking out- Smart IPTV i believe.

As a matter of interest how much did you pick the TV up for?

Thanks, I'll look into the app, but it seems that the store is region specific so I won't hold my breath...

The tv was the equivalent of €380...I'm not in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Some value for less than €400. Check on your local LG website for an update. Should be ending with .70 I think.

• Advertisement

Thanks, I'll have a look when I get home... Did find a menu option to search for updates. But I'll check the website too... So far the tv is great...

You were right. My tv is at 4.30.30 & there is an update available on the website for 4.30.75.... Surprised it didn't find it automatically...

Is there anything to expect in terms of tv experience by updating, or is it generally bug fixes and stability?

Advertisement