Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Tattoo on Tick?

Options
  • 05-01-2017 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Okay so basically, I have a tattoo the length of my forearm (Nearly a half sleeve) that I got when I was 17. Now i'm 23 and not too fond of it. Checked prices and that, and tbh I just havn't that money to hand out to get it covered all at once.

So my question is, as unlikely as it is, is there anywhere in Dublin that allows you to pay back bit by bit after they ink? Like a deposit for the work then a payment agreement?

Cheers in advance for any info!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Not a hope in the high heavens. Unless you were really good friends or a good customer there's no chance. And why would they in fairness? You can promise them 100 times you'll pay back but that doesn't mean you will.

What you can do, is pay per hour, so take Dublin Ink their rate is I believe 100 to start then 60-70 an hour thereafter, if you saved 170 euro, go in for a two hour session get what you can done in that time and come back in a few weeks once you've more cash saved. To be honest if you had the means to pay back the tattoo over time you have the means to save in an envelope to get together a 100 quid or so. Just don't drop in cash to a place because they might not be there the next time you go back, any business can go bust in a day which is one reason they wouldnt do work on the promise of payment.

The option above is your best bet unless you're friends with a tattoo artist to be honest man. I have gotten piercings and tattoos with the promise of paying later but I knew the tattooist and the piercer very well. (Both different shops altogether). Consider it like going into your local centra and asking for a basket of food and drinks on tick, if the owner knew you very well they might be happy to, but if you just pass in and out there's no hope. :) sorry I can't bring better news but that's just how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ConorSmartt

Hmm I had a feeling that would be the case! ... The girl that inked me originally was a family friend but she's seemed to drop off the face of the earth! Typical haha.

I guess I could do it hour by hour in that case. Cheers for the info!

Advertisement