Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debenhams Up to 70% Off

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I just saw a dress I spent 41 euros on reduced to 24. If only I'd waited.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Ye sorry that's the downside to it, happened to me last year too. You can elect to purchase the second one and return the first if you wish

I spotted two John Rocha dresses for next to nothing but I will try to stop myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Their sale stock disappears fast in most sizes. Usually when I spot something of theirs that gets reduced after I have bought it, my size isn't available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

^^^

Their Euro markup is savage though. Bought something on their Irish site for €38. Costs £25 in the UK.

€1.52/£1...

Should be way closer to €1.20/£1 these days.

• Advertisement

The dresses are bought now. No more shopping this year. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭fdevine

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Their sale stock disappears fast in most sizes. Usually when I spot something of theirs that gets reduced after I have bought it, my size isn't available.

Bring it to store, get a refund, buy it straight back at the lower price. Sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

fdevine wrote: »
    Bring it to store, get a refund, buy it straight back at the lower price. Sorted

Will the refund not be given at the lower amount though?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

Not when you have a receipt showing the original price you paid & its returned within their return period.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,205 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

fdevine wrote: »

Will debenhams do a change of mind refund on sale items? a lot of stores specifically exclude sale items from their change of mind policy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Mary63

I asked about that in their Henry Street shop ohnonotgmail.Debenhams used to only offer exchange if an item was reduced by fifty per cent.They now give refunds on everything even the stuff discounted by up to seventy per cent.

I think Marks recently stopped giving refunds on heavily discounted stuff but I could be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Mary63 wrote: »
    I asked about that in their Henry Street shop ohnonotgmail.Debenhams used to only offer exchange if an item was reduced by fifty per cent.They now give refunds on everything even the stuff discounted by up to seventy per cent.

I think Marks recently stopped giving refunds on heavily discounted stuff but I could be wrong.

If it's faulty, they have to refund or replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Was over there the other day, €130 for a pair of Levis 501s. €80 in Arnotts. A highly overpriced shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Mary63

The policy was more in relation to shifting the heavily discounted stuff and Debenhams had a notice up saying if goods were reduced by more than 50% you would only get an exchange of the item or a gift card to be used in the future, i.e. no refund.This policy has now changed and they will refund if stuff is as it was sold and you have the receipt.Im not sure if you have to bring sale stuff back quickly, I bought something reduced in Monsoon and it has to be returned within seven days if I want a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Birneybau wrote: »
    Was over there the other day, €130 for a pair of Levis 501s. €80 in Arnotts. A highly overpriced shop.

€78 in Debenhams now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

€78 in Debenhams now.
    Without even looking, I'd say the sizes available, as with everything in the 70% BC Sale, will be very limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

dodzy wrote: »
    Without even looking, I'd say the sizes available, as with everything in the 70% BC Sale, will be very limited.

I can imagine the sizes 28W 36L

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

fdevine wrote:

Just be careful doing this as some departments stores take returned item off the floor for a while. Saw it happen in Marks and Spencers. Some woman wanted to buy vack the dress she had just returned for the Sale staff and the staff told her it has to be off the floor for a while. Mind you she was really rude to the staff members so they could just being doing it because of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Bought some nice jumpers last night. They had merino wool for €18, didn't buy them. Nightmare to clean!

Picked up some new llingerie this evening, I always buy my bras in the 70% off sale because it's the only time I can get ones that are both nice and affordable!

• Advertisement

Picked up some new llingerie this evening, I always buy my bras in the 70% off sale because it's the only time I can get ones that are both nice and affordable!

it's one of the few places that has a wide range for bigger bust size. Only affordable in the sales though.

it's one of the few places that has a wide range for bigger bust size. Only affordable in the sales though.

Yep, none of the cheaper clothes shop carry my size, and spending the guts of €50 on a bra is hard to sustain! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_067010706787_-1

Ladies wedge shoes/ankle boots - Can't go too far wrong for €17.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭Paddy Porter

Nespresso machines at half price in Blanch....get in there !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Nespresso machines at half price in Blanch....get in there !
    http://www.debenhams.ie/electricals/coffee-machines/nespresso/nespresso-inissia#intcmp=nespresso-br-component_1-shop_inissia
    @ EUR50 that's the cheapest I have seen.
    The ones with the Aeroccino are cheaper in Harvey Normans.
    Cheaper then Amazon!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Rashers72 wrote: »
    http://www.debenhams.ie/electricals/coffee-machines/nespresso/nespresso-inissia#intcmp=nespresso-br-component_1-shop_inissia
    @ EUR50 that's the cheapest I have seen.
    The ones with the Aeroccino are cheaper in Harvey Normans.
    Cheaper then Amazon!

Any difference between Magimix vs Krups ?

mrcheez wrote: »
    Any difference between Magimix vs Krups ?
    Seemingly Nespresso let both manufacture on their behalf. They each seem to look after slightly different segments of the market so don't actually compete.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Rashers72 wrote: »
    Seemingly Nespresso let both manufacture on their behalf. They each seem to look after slightly different segments of the market so don't actually compete.

So essentially the same model / customer service, or does one offer better volume capacity / warranty duration etc ?

Think you would be better asking in store. I don't think they sell exactly the same products. You would need to check on any of the main websites for warranty details. Out of my depth I'm afraid!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,205 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I was in there today and i was told very clearly at the checkout that there are no refunds on sale items.

Advertisement