Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excessive Hygiene?

Options
  • 05-01-2017 8:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭

This isn't a medical thread...

Working in offices we were all issued with anti bacterial gel...fine...but some people have gone demented.

Two people wear surgical gloves now all day! My aunt going up escalators won't touch hand rails.

My friend who has children literally disinfects them every time they are out. They are constantly at doctors.

All above have had winter vomiting bug. I haven't. I mean obviously I wash hands in usual way after bathroom etc.

My mam says a normal amount of playing outside in dirt builds up resistance. Any views?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

amtc wrote:
    My friend who has children literally disinfects them every time they are out. They are constantly at doctors.

amtc wrote:
    My mam says a normal amount of playing outside in dirt builds up resistance. Any views?

I'd agree with your mam on this. I've heard it said that excessive anti bacterial product usage around kids can have a negative effect on the immune system, they don't develop immunities to certain bugs as they should.

Heard that forever ago, can't remember where or the full details which is a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,750 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Life can't be lived in a bubble.

That's pretty much the soundest advice I can give.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Mod Note
    Having opened threads before here amtc you know that this forum is strictly to seek advice on issues of a personal nature. This thread though is phrased as a discussion and as such might be better suited in one of our sister forums, as it stands though I have to close it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement