Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for a PC Case

Options
  • 05-01-2017 1:05am
    Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

Have decided against a significant upgrade for my game PC this year but have decided to get a new case

Can anyone here recommend a good value PC mid tower case.
    Looking for something with good air cooling for overclocking, is reasonably good looking and durable. Not really into bling cases with LED and all but if it looks nice all the better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,702 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

TBH most cases have similar air flow, your CPU / GPU cooler is more important than the case.

Corsair Carbide series, Fractal Define & NZXT S340 are all well reviewed.

Skinflint has good tools for filtering cases out to suit your cooler size.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I love the Corsair cases...excellent cable management and great airflow etc.
    My previous case was the 600T which I sold on with my pc and regretted it.
    The new version is €280 :eek:
    I went instead for the Carbide 330R ..nothing spectacular lookswise but it does the job.
    Overall very happy with it.also 2xusb3 ports at the front.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/corsair-carbide-330r-silent-mid-tower-case-titanium-edition-cc-9011071-ww-ca-194-cs.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

I upgraded to the S340 recent enough, it has the "glass" window which can get a little dirty, but the cable management is excellent, plenty of room for fans, I love that the PSU is hidden at the bottom and it's quite nice to look at!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

I have a Cooler Master Mastercase Pro 5 - I love it - lots of room to work and looks good too.

The only thing is that I think it was a little overpriced - but if you can get one for good value I'd definitely check it out.

Pics here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

I have a Cooler Master Mastercase Pro 5 - I love it - lots of room to work and looks good too.

The only thing is that I think it was a little overpriced - but if you can get one for good value I'd definitely check it out.

Pics here
    nice case but do them front fans have air filters,since own old antec 1200 3x120mm fans and with filters its major hassle cleaning them up constantly,thats the advise id give someone getting case with front fans to look out for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

I know it's way too late now but I never realised I was asked about the case - so for anyone in future ... the entire front of the case is a removable filter. It just pops off and you can wipe it down into the bin or wherever. My computer is near the floor and the room is carpeted so it's a great job for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Hey Azza, long time no see, how ya keeping?

I can recommend the NZXT H440. Great looking case. Nice clean lines and minimalist design. Airflow is decent but not amazing. Still fine for most overclocking. The S340 is good too if you want something smaller and cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I just got a Phanteks Eclipse Tempered Glass case. Absolutely loads of room in it for your building needs. It comes with RGB strips but you don't need to install them if you don't want to. There's a pic of mine in the thread a few below this one if you want to get an idea how it looks.

That does look good. Especially the white one. Phanteks make some great cases. The H440 is a few years old at this stage. There's probably better value cases out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I've a H440, love the look but I've always found airflow fairly average in it. I'm changing soon myself. Love the Enthoo Evolv with the glass but not the price!

• Advertisement

superg wrote: »
    I've a H440, love the look but I've always found airflow fairly average in it. I'm changing soon myself. Love the Enthoo Evolv with the glass but not the price!
    I got the phanteks and it's absolutely gorgeous. No 5 inch bays though which I didn't realise at the time, not that I use a DVD drive anyway

Optical drives are dead in fairness. I haven't used one in about 5 years.

Yeah same here. Have had no need for one for a long time.

Blazer wrote: »
    I got the phanteks and it's absolutely gorgeous. No 5 inch bays though which I didn't realise at the time, not that I use a DVD drive anyway

Hows airflow in it?

superg wrote: »
    Hows airflow in it?

No problems with it, I'm not running much inside it but I did read about some people taking the top of it off when over clocking

Hmmm, I'll have to research so. I've had to whip the top off my 440 a fair bit too when its got a bit toasty in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Traka

I know you are looking for a mid-tower but if you decide to upgrade to a full tower case consider the "DARK BASE PRO 900" I just got this one and it's really amazing .
    Follows a link to the manufacturer page: http://www.bequiet.com/en/case/702

Advertisement