Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A/R Awards 2016 - The Winners

Options
  • 04-01-2017 11:47pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Poster of the Year

Unfortunately for the other contenders...there where no other contenders :pac: a well deserved hands down win to a consistently great, helpful, knowledgable poster.

Myles Splitz with 32.39% of the votes
    tang1 - 21.13%
    Annie get your Run - 15.49%

New Poster of the Year

This was a two horse race from the get go...with only two nominees (are there really no other new posters in 2014? :eek:)

The Muppet takes the gold with 72.5%
    Maximus with 27.5%

Photo of the Year

puddles22 and his great Tory island View just nabbed it with 55% of the votes
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101538914&postcount=638

Post of the Year

TRR's brilliant rant of all the things he hates took the victory here with 43% of votes
    Next up was Krusty (whose lack of posting last year sees one of our heroes sadly absent from the awards this time round) brilliant impression of UM1 - 27%
    and nop98 with 20% (I can't come up with something rubbish and uninteresting to say about this brilliant post - it speaks for itself!)

Training Log of the Year

This one was nominated by pretty much everyone who sent nominations, so was always going to be the outright winner
    TbL The Boggers Log - 56.9%
    Myles Splitz - Year Two: Putting Myles in the Bank - 24.14%
    Duanington - confessions of a never has been - 8.62%

Thread of the Year

Another one nominated numerous times, a legacy thread which surged to popularity in 2016

The Sub 3 support thread 50.72%
    DCM Novices - 23.19%
    Why do you post on AR - 15.94%

Race of the Year

A great batch of nominations and great races all listed, most of which were club races which is brilliant.

The long distance nature of Boards AR meant there was only going to be two races in the umm...race...

DCM 40.74%
    Donadea 50K 29.63%
    Raheny 5 9.26%

T&F/XC Performance of the year

I knew nothing of any of these performances before the nominations came in, so was great reading through reports of them as people nominated

Tough one for folk to vote on I think, but only two performances were really in it

Mulberry - Gold in 100m at National Masters 53.85%
    Dubgal72 - Leinster Masters T&F 1500m 35.9%
    Bungy Girl - 1500m pb at National Masters 7.69%

Road/Trail/Mountains/Ultra Performance of the year

When a 2:32 marathon doesn't even make the top 4 you know you've got a load of great performances. This was a great pack of nominations...but it appears we got 3 that were so outstanding they took the top 3 easily enough.

Leading easily from the start, Enduro's Sparta performance left everyone else in his dust with 27.40% of the votes
    Ultrapercy - 70 min HM in Mullingar - 20.55%
    Enduro - New Record in The Spine - 17.81%

Race Report of the Year

With three nominations, tang was always guaranteed a podium spot here....but there was no competition for the top spot....nominated numerous, numerous times and the clear winner before a single vote was cast...

Jebuz Berlin Marathon - 70.59% :eek:
    Dubgal for National Road Relays - 19.61%
    tang1 Rotterdam Marathon - 9.80%

Most Improved Athlete

A great win for the guy whose name doesn't even appear anywhere on the thread on the touch site, which I thought surely might have lost him some votes...but still the incredible improvement in 2016 across the board saw Duanington nab it with 30.77%

Second place goes to a lady with similar improvements, pb's from 5k up to marathon distance. YoungAnne 25.96%

Followed very closely behind by Ososlo who moved up to do two great races in Belfast and Kerry 24hr and 12hr (and run an obscene amount of miles in 2016) 24.04%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Congrats all! Well deserved winners and nominees....

...nice to see one of the coolest places on the planet winning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Thanks for putting this together RQ!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Well done all, super. Easy to see what sets the winners apart. Genuine achievement at all levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Enduro

Thanks very much everyone! And echoing particular thanks to RQ for the amount of organisational work put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Ed Mc Groarty

All those re-regs for nothin'......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 OWinter

Well done to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Brilliant! well done folks, all of those performance nominations were inspirational. Thanks again to RQ for organising these!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭UM1

cheer racoon for doin this...fookin DCM

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Cheers everyone for the votes .

Thanks Racoon Queen for organizing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Nice one RQ - a lot of work in this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

The Muppet wrote: »
    Cheers everyone for the votes .

Thanks Racoon Queen for organizing this.

What sort of an acceptance speech is that?! I was waiting for a Father Ted Christmas Special-style monologue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

All deserving winners in each category. Have to be happy with a silver and bronze from 2016!! Maybe a gold in 2017, big thanks to RQ very unselfish of her to give up her free time to sort this out year after year.

tailgunner wrote: »
    What sort of an acceptance speech is that?! I was waiting for a Father Ted Christmas Special-style monologue.

Sorry to disappointment but it being the season of good will I decided to spare you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Duanington

Thanks for the votes everyone, there have been a few serious improvers over the course of 2016 so to be nominated in and among those folks is reward in itself - always nice to pip people to the post of course :P

Here's to 2017 and lots more PBing....

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

I'd like to acknowledge all the muppets and bastards who inspired me to my beautiful rant. When can I expect my prize in the post?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭The Officer

Good job on the organisation RQ and well done to the winners.

Turd, rants get better with age, imagine what you'll pen when you reach M50!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Congrats to all the winners, well deserved. Also congrats to the nominees - it's great to be recognized.

Great to see the magnanimity from those who didn't win :rolleyes:. Also great to see those who tried to derail the process crawl back under their rock...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

tailgunner wrote: »

A speech, is it? Yo, Muppet, I'm really happy for you and I'mma let you finish, but...

14837107393067168.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 92 ✭✭The Bin Man

Congrats to all winners and nominees. Some great performances over the year. After Enduro's brilliant Spartathlon performance, I'm looking forward to seeing how he goes against the top 24hr runners in Belfast...

A speech, is it? Yo, Muppet, I'm really happy for you and I'mma let you finish, but...

14837107393067168.gif

Lol Max, If its any consolation I voted for you too. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

The Muppet wrote: »
    Lol Max, If its any consolation I voted for you too. :D

See this is a perfect example of why you deserved to win. I didn't vote at all! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Mulberry

Wow, how cool is this!

Well done to the other winners with your superb performances, posts and logs :)

Thanks to all who voted for me and to RQ for organising and for my virtual thumbs up :) Love it :)

Advertisement