Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should in vision continuity make a comeback ?

Options
  • 04-01-2017 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

I think it would be nice if RTE One or 2 or both brought back in vision continuity, does anyone else agree ? How long have RTE one had their current idents ? Feels like at least 10 years

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

It is, just over ten years, though the rest of their presentation was refreshed in 2014, at which point the idents were edited (and cropped) to show the new logo. (don't worrry if you didn't notice they had a new logo, it's almost the same as the old 2003 one)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭brick man

It wouldnt take much for RTE 1 as the news headlines is read from presentation studio so still in use . The Idents on one are very overdue a refresh. As for in vision making a comeback I think it would be nice but its 21 years since RTE1 was in vision so I don't see it making a comeback

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

TG4 still have visible continuity announcers, does Julian Simmons still work for "the UTV"?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

He does, but UTV discontinued IVC on a regular basis in mid-October, though I believe they brought it back on a temporary basis for Christmas Eve. TG4 is the last Irish or UK channel now doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I think it works well for TG4 as they use their weather presenters, BBC3 news did introduced programmes following the 60 second update, ITV2 also introduces via the news. I think RTE's last in-vision was with the intro of N2, which lasted until 1999/2000?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭brick man

Elmo wrote:
    I think it works well for TG4 as they use their weather presenters, BBC3 news did introduced programmes following the 60 second update, ITV2 also introduces via the news. I think RTE's last in-vision was with the intro of N2, which lasted until 1999/2000?

Yes N2 had it for a few years from 1997 to round 2001 during its best years then gradually went downhill ever since

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭political analyst

icdg wrote: »
    He does, but UTV discontinued IVC on a regular basis in mid-October, though I believe they brought it back on a temporary basis for Christmas Eve. TG4 is the last Irish or UK channel now doing it.

I remember Bull Island taking the pee out of it 16 years ago.

One of the sketches involved a man wearing a black turtleneck jumper going like this:

Agus anois ar TG4, clár a dó faoi Sexy People from the West - Áthas, the Get Happy Club (a spoof programme that featured a woman called Felicia talking about feeling "feckin great"). Here's a picture of the female character of that spoof.

https://stillslibrary.rte.ie/indexplus/image/2036/053.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Delta2113

No - it's day has passed -it's 2017 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

Im not sure how this goes in 2017, but "any" continuity is better than what i witnessed the other night.
    End of 9 o'clock news,cut to weather, ok fine. Then some still showing whats on rte2, straight to ads and some trailer for another program and straight into next program. Dunno, maybe i expect more, but it was so sloppy and automated.

slightly off topic (mods move or edit if needed) but heres network2 launch and some rte1 continuity from 1988, old school. Dunno I miss it.. Or at least tidy up the automated continuity as its confusing as is..?

link.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txgf36-b0E8&t=5s

Advertisement