Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to return large item

Options
  • 04-01-2017 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

Hi,

not sure where to post this, so if Mods feel there is somewhere better, feel free to move it :)

I need to send back an item for repair, that is covered under lifetime warranty. I have spoken to the company, described the damage and they have assured me it is covered, so it is worth sending back as it will either be replaced or repaired.

The object is 30"x17"x12", linear dimensions 59". I have spoken to Parcel motel and it is too big for their service so they suggested Nightline. Nightline have said it will be about €40 but I need to find a box to fit it in and also they said it will be extra if it going to Scotland (which since googling the postcode have realised that is where it needs to be sent). AnPost looks like it will be around €55 as it will be charged on dimensional weight rather than actual weight :(

Are they any other options / companies I could contact for a price?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Based on the measurements and assumed 10kg
    GLS say €19

Based on the measurements and assumed 20kg
    Fastway say €25

Advertisement