Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanic centre for free

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭epopnomis

None available, must have lasted a few seconds I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I wouldn't bother with it anyway tbh.

I reckon its a sinking ship of an attraction.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,549 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Rod Munch wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother with it anyway tbh.

I reckon its a sinking ship of an attraction.

I would have said the attraction is on fire based on recent revelations!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Its available again tomorrow at noon
    " at 12 noon on Wednesday (Jan 4) and Thursday (Jan 5)."

They do say it is for N. Ireland Residents though and they are calling them "Golden Tickets" so it seems like there are not too many available, but if anyone wants to try again tomorrow.

I wonder do they give 1 ticket holder the entire complex at the end and bring you for a ride in a flying elevator???:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

kceire wrote: »
    I would have said the attraction is on fire based on recent revelations!

You mean this is just the tip of the iceberg?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

maudgonner wrote: »
    You mean this is just the tip of the iceberg?

You missed the program this week which said there was a fire in the boiler before it left port that wasnt put out and was one of the main causes for what followed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

That 'attraction' never did float my boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cs5

Went to this last year and it was a waste of time. Very disappointing. Can't see it still being there in 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

cs5 wrote:
    Went to this last year and it was a waste of time. Very disappointing. Can't see it still being there in 5 years.

Troll much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

cs5 wrote: »

Went to this with my kids in the last term. We loved it. Fantastic attraction and day out. Lots to see and learn including going on the smaller ship beside it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

juneg wrote: »
    Went to this with my kids in the last term. We loved it. Fantastic attraction and day out. Lots to see and learn including going on the smaller ship beside it

Was there last year as well. Didn't think it was really worth the £20 tbh. Crumlin Road Goal on the other hand was really worth the money - we had an excellent guide as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

We went twice, thanks to me messing with my phone and losing pictures from the first visit

Not something you’d go up just for, like giant’s causeway. Better to combine them and even better if you can do it and see the Christmas market and/or some food/drink shopping on the way home.

Biggest issue is a museum about a subject that has nothing from the subject in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

kn wrote: »
    Was there last year as well. Didn't think it was really worth the £20 tbh. Crumlin Road Goal on the other hand was really worth the money - we had an excellent guide as well.

Any idea who scored?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Rubbish publicity stunt that's all - promo code invalid already.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

I managed to get it on 3rd try of choosing a time . Got a family pass . Going to be in Belfast anyway . Whats the chances of them enforcing the NI Citizen thing ? Im happy to go for free , but not payin £43 !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Went up last year and enjoyed it. Having young kids stopped me reading a lot of the information.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

To followup on this , got asked no questions about my citizenship on the day. Were a few local news crews taking pics etc... so avoided them !!!
    All in all good exhibition , but best done without younger kids .
    Thanks Again OP

Advertisement