Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Saving images from the web at actual size...?

• 04-01-2017 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭

I want to save images (Jpegs) from the web and I'm having a problem doing it.

Some images save at the dimensions they are indicated to be, and some don't.

E.g. one image is indicated (hovering the mouse over it) as being 1366x1400. When I save it, it becomes 222x227.

Another says it's 978x1213, and when I save it, that's what it remains at.

What is happening to the images that are becoming smaller? How can I save them at their indicated size?

Thanks.

D.

Ps. for what it's worth, to save I'm right-clicking and choosing Save Image As...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

You could try right click and view image/open image in new tab and then save that image.

Some websites will try and restrict you downloading the full image though. In that case you may need to right click and inspect element and look for the original src code of the image.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

The HTML code in the webpage may give a size bigger than the image file possesses, and stretch it. You could take a screenshot and paste into an image editor to save as the size you see,.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭horse7

Wheety wrote: »
    You could try right click and view image/open image in new tab and then save that image.

Some websites will try and restrict you downloading the full image though. In that case you may need to right click and inspect element and look for the original src code of the image.

Could you open the file in paint and make it bigger?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Thanks for the quick replies.

I've been saving the images and pasting them into my PowerPoint file and then making them bigger.

But, they quickly start to pixelate and look grainy, while those have saved at their full size look great.

Very frustrating.

Thanks again.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Sorted!

Opening the image first and then saving that (rather than saving the thumbnail from the search results) saves it at its full size.

Thanks to all.

D.

• Advertisement
Advertisement