Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

undertaking a 2nd undergrad coursw

Options
  • 04-01-2017 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

hi everyone just looking for a bit of help
    basically a few years ago i did a couple years of an undergrad level 8 course and decided it wasn't for me...however i now intend on going back to college this September to do another under grad course...my question is will i have to pay full tuition fees? i know i am ineligable for the grant and will have to pay the reg fee but is there more fees i will have to pay? thanks sorry I know the title was spelt wrong but I don't know how to change it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

You will have to pay tuition fees, and student contribution, yes. It applies for each year the state already funded on your behalf, so for example if you done 2 years, then you will have to cover the first 2 years of the new course, and bar anything changing in the meantime, the state will cover the balance of the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

You won't actually have to pay anything if it's been more than 5 years since your unfinished undergrad.
    In general, you will not get a grant for repeating a year or attending a course at a level that does not represent progression from what you have done before. However, second-chance students may be eligible for a grant. A second-chance student is someone who is aged over 23, did not successfully complete an earlier course and is returning to pursue an approved course after at least 5 years.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/education/third_level_education/fees_and_supports_for_third_level_education/maintenance_grant_schemes_for_students_on_third_level_courses.html

Advertisement