Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hampton wood, Finglas

Options
  • 03-01-2017 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi,

Have been reading about Hampton Wood, but the latest posts are from 2 years ago.

I'm starting my house search and Hampton Wood is within my budget, but not sure about the location based on these 2y old threads.

How are things over there now? Any ASB or other concerning factors?

Thanks,
    Mike

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Its a large estate that DCC and/or other housing authorities took some stock for social housing.
    It really depend on what end and on what road you are looking at IMO.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Make sure you visit the property, and walk around the area. I looked at Hampton Wood when they were building, and I wasn't impressed with the quality of the build.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

My sister has lived there with no problems since she moved in about 2 years ago. She's in a duplex and it's quite nice. The area has plenty of kids running about. It's one of those estates where you get clamped unless you are parked in your designated spot, or text your car registration to a number. I hate this and it annoys me each time I visit. Another bothersome thing I notice is the litter around the estate. It's not a huge amount, but outside most of the units, there are shrubs and you're guaranteed to have a few bits of litter in and around them, making the place feel a bit unloved. Communal bins can also be a bit of a walk away, depending on where you are. My sister is about 200m from the bins, which is not nice in the cold and rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jmike72

kceire wrote: »
    Its a large estate that DCC and/or other housing authorities took some stock for social housing.
    It really depend on what end and on what road you are looking at IMO.
    I'm probably be going on a visit this weekend, so don't know exactly what road/end I'll be looking at. What are the best roads/sides of the estate?
    Paulw wrote: »
    Make sure you visit the property, and walk around the area.  I looked at Hampton Wood when they were building, and I wasn't impressed with the quality of the build.
    Quality is something that never impressed me, be it from Hampton Wood or a house in a posh area. This is probably because I was used to a different quality in terms of construction, but that's something for another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ITGirl33

I’ve lived there for almost two years and am very happy with our purchase. We bought one of the 4 beds. Some of the finish was not great but our surveyor brought these items to the builders attention and they were easily rectified. The downside is the litter close to the shop which is very unsightly, especially at the weekend when there’s no one from the mgmt. co to clean it up.
    Regarding DCC and other housing associations being in situ, this is approx. 20% - and there’s a fair mix of renters and resident owners. All in All, I think it’s a lovely place to live and I feel very safe here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ITGirl33 wrote: »
    I’ve lived there for almost two years and am very happy with our purchase. We bought one of the 4 beds. Some of the finish was not great but our surveyor brought these items to the builders attention and they were easily rectified. The downside is the litter close to the shop which is very unsightly, especially at the weekend when there’s no one from the mgmt. co to clean it up.
    Regarding DCC and other housing associations being in situ, this is approx. 20% - and there’s a fair mix of renters and resident owners. All in All, I think it’s a lovely place to live and I feel very safe here.

+1
    And the area will tidy up further when the new apartments and houses are complete on Hampton Wood Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I would park up on a Friday and Sat evening to get an idea of what happens at night as there are some rough spots

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jmike72

ITGirl33 wrote: »

Thanks for your input. I've been there a couple of times in different times and seemed OK. Last time was last Friday at around 4PM. Still need to pass by during the weekend at night like Bandana boy suggests.
    I would park up on a Friday and Sat evening to get an idea of what happens at night as there are some rough spots

Where are these rough spots? Is a big estate, so if you can tell where exactly are these spots, it will allow me to check them at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

There were anti-social behavior issues a few years back and a lot of <snip> in and around the Centra store, this has been sorted now and the area seems to have a low profile now, a bit soulless but generally not a bad place to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sobiaP

I have the same query 😞 let's hope we find answers .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 sobiaP

did you live there then ? How was the experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

Walk around late in the evening a few times. You'll find them easily enough. Pay particular attention to your walk from where you are looking to any public transport too. I did post a few things here but the post was deleted so i wont bother anymore. Just have a walk around on a warm dry (bad weather keeps the scrotes at home) evening and you'll get a feel for whether you feel safe or not.

I have family in Hampton Wood. They're living there probably 15-16 years now.

I've never heard them say anything about having any issues there, other than a neighbour parking in their allocated spot because they don't have a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭apache

Hampton Wood is grand.

Advertisement