Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Anticipated Games of 2017?

Options
  • 03-01-2017 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭

So, what are ye all looking forward to in 2017?

I can't wait to get my hands on Mass Effect: Andromeda, Resi 7 at the end of this month, South Park by Spring, new Spider-Man by Summer (hopefully) and Red Dead Redemption 2 by the end of the year...again hopefully.

Most games I was looking forward to last year turned out shyte imo (Deus Ex and Mafia 3 in particular) but surely Mass Effect, South Park & RDR 2 will live up to the hype.

Some of the best games I played last year were Gone Home & Firewatch so hoping to hear about some indie gems that may be releasing this year.

If any remasters should emerge, I wouldn't say no to Demons's's Souls.

So as the Merchant would say, What Are Ya Buying??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mass Effect, Horizon, Spiderman and although I knew nothing about it before playing the demo two days ago, Nier: Automata.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 VeryTasty

While I wouldn't say any games, I am observing the Nintendo Switch and it's lineup with interest. As a primarily PC gamer, going portable is a major interest for me.

Plus I've always had a sweet spot for Nintendo, but the Wii U never got me, and I've wanted to get back into them for some while.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I can't wait to get my hands on Mass Effect: Andromeda and Red Dead Redemption 2 by the end of the year...hopefully.
    Most games I was looking forward to last year turned out shyte imo (Deus Ex and Mafia 3 in particular) but surely Mass Effect & RDR 2 will live up to the hype.

If any remasters should emerge I would say no.
    There. A bit of the old plagiarism mixed with my cutting out and editing and you've described how I feel too.
    Not mad on the old remasters I like to keep things fresh, the exceptions being games that I have loved but the disc went missing/got damaged.
    The urge to re-buy Skyrim left as quickly as it came. Buying lockpicks? No way.:p

Adding some of my own I guess I would pick:

Ghost Recon Wildlands: Less excited than I was but still interested.
    Ubisoft are capable of making good games even though I agree they are hit and miss. The Division with cars and an offline is how I'm looking at this.

Friday the 13th maybe: Get that Dead By Daylight fix that I can't get on console currently.
    Love watching people play it and being a survivor looks like fun.

Cyberpunk 2077: I doubt this will be released so soon but you can't bate a bit of optimism, I love the look and feel of what very little we have gotten.

Crackdown 3: Loved the first two, playing co-op in them made them even better than they were by yourself.
    More of the same would be fine but I'm hoping we get some new mechanics toys and ways of playing.

Scalebound: Looks to be different than what I usually go for but has potential in my opinion, will have to see more though.
    The mix of modern and fantasy looks entertaining if nothing else.

For the record I pulled my list from a release date calendar for the XboxOne and I didn't check any of the sources because who has time for that.
    Too much? :D If even some of these are good games it is going to be a year of cheap noodles and spaghetti.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Horizon: Zero Dawn and Days Gone (hopefully 2017) would be the top 2. Red Dead Redemption 2 also but I'd say it'll probably end up being delayed to Spring 2018.

Also really looking forward to South Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cyberpunk releasing this year would be epic but I'd say we'd be extremely lucky to get that even next year. Yeah the Ghost Recon game could be class or complete shyte, who knows with good old Ubi.

I forgot to mention that samurai souls game Nioh. I never played the demo, is it still up for download? That might give me my dark souls fix if the previews are to be believed.

As for remasters, I wonder if they are slowing down a bit, bar Crash and PaRappa, I can't remember hearing about many others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Cyberpunk releasing this year would be epic but I'd say we'd be extremely lucky to get that even next year. Yeah the Ghost Recon game could be class or complete shyte, who knows with good old Ubi.

I forgot to mention that samurai souls game Nioh. I never played the demo, is it still up for download? That might give me my dark souls fix if the previews are to be believed.

As for remasters, I wonder if they are slowing down a bit, bar Crash and PaRappa, I can't remember hearing about many others.
    I agree, hence the optimism. Yeah at least if Wildlands turns out to be crap we know it will get a decent sequel in a few years.

Ah falling down on the job Zero. :P

I hope so, I don't have a problem with them now and again but far too many of them clogging up development time that could be used on new games.
    Unless it's just a reskin in which I don't see the point at all. But I digest (yes I do!) that's probably for another thread.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There may or may not be time for other games in the year if Persona 5.

Mostly interested in indies, many of which won't make themselves known for a while. Of those announced, Rime looks right up my alley as one of the few games seemingly directly influenced by Team Ico. New trailer looks gorgeous.

Looking forward to Manifold Garden and whatever madness Cosmo D has cooking. Tacoma, What Remains of Edith Fitch, Pyre and Below are the latest from some talented developers so will be keeping an eye on. Lost a bit of interest in Cuphead over the last year or two, but hopefully will be cool.

Did I mention Persona 5? Persona 5.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Zero dawn

Fate extella

Nioh

Beserek

Rdr 2

Persona 5

Ghost recon wildlands

That's all I can think of atm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

South Park: Fractured but whole.

Red Dead Redemption 2.

Only two I can think of at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

After a decent year of gaming in 2016, I'm looking forward to better in 2017. I'll be keeping all my fingers and toes crossed that we'll have Destiny 2 for the start of year 4 in September; very hopeful, I know. The end of 2017 is probably more realistic.
    South Park: TFBH looks like it's going to be cut from the same cloth as it's predecessor, in which case I can't wait. I never laughed so much at a game.
    I'm hoping Mass Effect Andromeda has just as great a story as the original trilogy, and that the writing team have learned from the great sham of ME3.
    I will be sinking many hours into Red Dead Redemption 2. The first would be up there with my favourite games. You just cannot beat the Wild West.
    I have a backlog to get through which includes The Witcher 3. I only started Overwatch; it looks like it'll eat up a lot of my time until ME comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Destiny 2

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

South Park: Fractured but whole.
    Mass Effect
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    Destiny 2
    Zelda
    Pit People (by The Behemoth, the guys who did Castle Crashers and Battleblock Theater)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Oh man, I forgot Crash. If the Crash remaster is out this year, that's definitely also one of my most anticipated games.

I know they're probably not as great as I remember them in hindsight etc, but nostalgia is a damn powerful drug.

Also looking forward to Vampyr, definitely want to see more of that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I don't if I'll bother with Nioh, I suck at dark souls!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,801 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not a game, but will be watching how the Switch goes and likely get it.

Zelda Breath of the Wild

Also I forgot about Torment: Tides of Numenera

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Crash Remastered
    South Park
    Red Dead 2

and that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Is TLOU part 2 def 2018?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Similar article from Eurogamer today:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-06-the-50-most-exciting-games-of-2017

I'm looking forward to :

RDR 2 (could slip to 2018)
    Ni Oh

Not too much so I should hopefully clear my huge Steam and PS4 backlog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Read Dead and Mass Effect if they review well. Horizon: Zero Dawn looks interesting but again i'll wait on reviews.

Is TLOU part 2 def 2018?

No idea yet. Would be shocked/ecstatic if it was this year, happy enough of it was released next year and not really surprised if it was 2019 but hope it's not that long.

Ideally, E3 this year will have a new trailer ending with release date holidays 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I'm looking forward to Super Mario Odyssey. If it will be any good, I will be getting the Nintendo Switch for sure.

I'm looking forward to the new Call of Duty coming in November because rumours say it will take place during the Vietnam era and none of this futuristic bs in it. Although, there will highly certain be supply drops. I will not let them ruin my experience of the game if the rumours do come true though. Here's hoping, Call of Duty will go back to its roots!

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Persona 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Red Dead is my number one by far, but knowing Rockstar will probably be delayed.

2. Mass Effect Andromeda
    3. Horizon Zero Dawn
    4. Zelda BOTW (no means of playing this though :()
    5. Persona 5

Only thing I'm looking forward to is South Park.

Grim.

Advertisement