Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of land ownership/ new house

Options
  • 03-01-2017 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hello,
    I'm wondering if I could get pointed in the right direction. I want to find out when a farm changed ownership from the person shown on Griffith's Valuation. At the time of the sale I am interested in, (according to family word of mouth), there was a new farmhouse just built. Would this be recorded somewhere? Would the Land Registry or the Valuations Office be more suited to what I want to find out? If anyone knows anything about searching either archive I'd really appreciate it!
    Sidenote: Family that I am interested are marked as landowners on Form B1 on the 1911 census. In the 1901 census, the landowner column is left blank for all houses in the townland, so I don't know if they owned or were tennants at that point.

Comments

Advertisement