Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New mobile phone packaging "ideas" which were quietly discarded

Options
  • 03-01-2017 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

I clearly remember that the power supply units to plug into the mains were to be discontinued as accessories included with the new mobile phone.

Have you got any recollection of a similar efficiency which was "forgotten about".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,942 ✭✭✭thesandeman

I don't think my Moto G2 came with a power supply. My G4 did though but it's total crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    I clearly remember that the power supply units to plug into the mains were to be discontinued as accessories included with the new mobile phone.

Have you got any recollection of a similar efficiency which was "forgotten about".

That kind of makes sense but kind of doesn't also. I have a charger for an iPhone and a micro USB.. do I really need another? No. But there are people who don't, Nintendo did this with the 3DS XL, they didn't include a charger to cut down on packaging because they assumed most people had one and if you don't you can just buy one. My local GameStop just gave me one for free, but unless the phone shops were doing the same especially with the cost of an original iPhone charger or Samsung Fast Charger it just seems silly.

I do remember buying a couple of phones a over the last few years with no headphones. Which is grand really since the included ones are toss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

I don't think my Moto G2 came with a power supply. My G4 did though but it's total crap.

So both the G4 and the G4 Play are crap. Almost fell for the G4 myself. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,942 ✭✭✭thesandeman

The phone is grand, but for a phone that can be turbo charged you would think they would have supplied a turbo charger with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    So both the G4 and the G4 Play are crap. Almost fell for the G4 myself. ;)

He means the charger?

• Advertisement
Advertisement